Payments Landscape in Canada-Opportunities and Risks to 2022 - Desjardins, Royal Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, CIBC, Bank of Montreal, Canadian Tire Bank
Publisher's "Payments Landscape in Canada: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Canadian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
Get Sample Copy at www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00012454038/sample
The report brings together Publisher's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Canadian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Canadian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Canadian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- As Interac charges no interchange fee for debit card transactions, interchange fees on pay-later cards naturally seem high in comparison. In August 2018 the Canadian government announced it had secured voluntary commitments from Visa, Mastercard, and American Express to reduce merchant fees in Canada for SMEs accepting credit cards. Starting from 2020, Visa and Mastercard have agreed to lower domestic consumer interchange fees to an annual average effective rate of 1.40% for five years, down from the current figure of 1.5%. American Express entered into a similar commitment. The change is expected to save SMEs a total of C$250m ($198.84m) annually.
- Non-banking companies have started entering the lucrative credit card space. In June 2018, non-bank company Brim Financial launched three credit cards: Brim Mastercard, Brim World Mastercard, and Brim World Elite Mastercard. Benefits offered include no fees on foreign transactions, loyalty points that can be redeemed at any merchant, and free access to a worldwide network of Wi-Fi hotspots. Purchases above C$500 ($397.67) can be converted into a maximum of 24 installments without affecting the credit limit available on the card.
- QR-based payments are popular in Asian markets, and they are gradually making inroads into North America. In June 2018 UnionPay International collaborated with Bank of China's Canadian subsidiary to launch its QR code payment service in Canada. All of the country's Foodymart stores now accept UnionPay QR code payments. The company estimated that nearly 5,000 merchants across North America would accept its QR code payments by the end of 2018.
Make an Inquiry www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00012454038/buying
Royal Bank of Canada
TD Canada Trust
Bank of Montreal
Canadian Tire Bank
National Bank of Canada Interac
Table of Contents:
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Canadian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Canadian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Canadian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Canada.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Canadian cards and payments industry.
ReportsWeb.com is a one stop shop of market research reports and solutions to various companies across the globe. We help our clients in their decision support system by helping them choose most relevant and cost effective research reports and solutions from various publishers. We provide best in class customer service and our customer support team is always available to help you on your research queries.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Payments Landscape in Canada-Opportunities and Risks to 2022 - Desjardins, Royal Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, CIBC, Bank of Montreal, Canadian Tire Bank here
News-ID: 1587156 • Views: 168
More Releases from ReportsWeb
Fleet Management Solutions Market Growth Set to Surge Significantly during 2019 …
Fleet Management Solutions Global Market Report 2019-2023 Fleet (vehicle) management can include a range of functions, such as vehicle financing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics, driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management. Fleet management market has been greatly affected by the rising operational costs rooting from increased demand for utility vehicles, rising expenditure on maintenance, and steady growth in compliance costs. The market has been operating on very meager
Enterprise Resource Planning Market Witness Highest Growth in near future| Leadi …
Enterprise Resource Planning Global Market Report 2019-2023 Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a method of efficiently utilizing people, hardware and software to increase productivity and profit, thus simplifying a company’s business processes. ERP systems merge each of the company’s key operations, including the manufacturing, distribution, financial, human resources and customer relations departments, into one software system. It is widely used in all industries. This Report covers the manufacturers' data, including: shipment, price,
Cognitive Search Service Market Overview, Growth Factors, Demand and Top Compani …
Cognitive Search Service Global Market Report 2019-2023 Cognitive search enables knowledge discovery that is highly relevant to users' intent by deriving contextual insights from conceptual data. This Report covers the manufacturers' data, including: shipment, price, revenue, gross profit, interview record, business distribution etc., these data help the consumer know about the competitors better. This report also covers all the regions and countries of the world, which shows a regional development status, including
Asset Tracking Market Technological Advancement, Growth Opportunities and Trends …
Asset Tracking Global Market Report 2019-2023 Asset tracking refers to the method of tracking physical assets, either by scanning barcode labels attached to the assets or by using tags using GPS, BLE or RFID which broadcast their location. Advancements in miniaturization and communications have made lower value asset tracking more practical, expanding the range of potential industries and asset types. The advent of advanced Internet of Things (IoT) solutions leveraging M2M and
More Releases for Canadian
Ukrainian HARP enters Canadian market
Within demonstration tour Discover HARP, Kharkov Bearing Plant (HARP) starts to move further to the Canadian market. On September 11-13, the leading domestic producer of bearing products will take part in the largest agricultural exhibition of the North American continent – Canada's Outdoor Farm Show. HARP will become the only Ukrainian producer, which will present the bearings for agricultural sector at this event. “70-years production experience allows us to satisfy the
Canadian Cloud Backup Partners with Acronis
Canadian Cloud Backup announces they've implemented a solid line of products created by Acronis International, developers of award-winning backup & data recovery software. This implementation gives Canadian Cloud Backup the ability to offer clients even more top of the line backup solutions, to securely back up irreplaceable data to Canadian data centers. Some of the particularly interesting features this implementation has opened up, include the ability to back up system
About The Canadian Ice Water
The Canadian Ice Water is associated with an artesian aquifer located in the Selkirk Mountains, near Nelson, BC, Canada. The water from the aquifier was analyzed and indicated that it was of exceptional quality – mildly alkaline water with a balanced mineral content making it a rare and valuable product. Deep sourced natural artesian water that is both alkaline and mineralized and associated with a bulk water and small bottle
Canadian recycling technology goes global
Thunder Bay, ON – Rudnicki Industrial unveiled the latest model of its Strap Eater industrial strapping chopper today; Just one of many green recycling products being developed by the small Canadian machine shop. With the ever-increasing demand for eco-friendly products, the shop is helping to meet the growing global need for green recycling technology. The green market is still young, but is growing steadily as companies recognize government and consumer demands
Canadian collaboration kicks off
Fraunhofer IAO starts working together with McMaster University in Hamilton on research transfer Fraunhofer IAO and McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario are pooling their expertise in the field of technology and innovation management. In future, the partners will collaborate on both research and teaching in order to boost the transfer of research findings and innovative solutions into business practice. Collaborations with commercial enterprises and research institutions around the world are
IAGO Limited Canadian Oil Exploration
Decision makers across Canada are in talks about the importance of a national energy strategy while the full potential of Canada’s energy sector is completely untapped and not moving forward at a quick enough pace. IAGO Limited points out Nunavut as a perfect example. This is a territory making up twenty percent of Canada. Nunavut could be the future of the Canadian energy sector with an estimated twenty-five percent of