Payments Landscape in South Africa-Opportunities and Risks to 2022 | ABSA, Standard Bank, Capitec Bank, FNB, Nedbank, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club
Publisher's "Payments Landscape in South Africa: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the South African cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
Get Sample Copy at www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00012454037/sample
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Publisher's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the South African cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the South African cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the South African cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Banks in South Africa are adopting new models to increase the country's banked population. First National Bank (FNB) has announced a mobile-only bank called Bank Zero, which it intends to launch in 2019. The bank will be based on a low-cost model, and intends to charge no fees for card payments in South Africa. Mobile-only bank TymeDigital was launched in November 2018, while South African financial institution Discovery plans to launch mobile-only Discovery Bank in March 2019.
- To capitalize on the lucrative payments market, international scheme providers are partnering with domestic merchant acquirers to enable card acceptance. Most recently, in July 2018 UnionPay International partnered with Standard Bank to enable Chinese card holders traveling to South Africa to make payments through Standard Bank's payment infrastructure. Previously, in July 2016 the scheme provider agreed a similar partnership with Absa. Meanwhile, to expand mobile payment acceptance, payment services provider Peach Payments partnered with Ant Financial Services to add support for Alipay in South Africa from June 2017. The partnership allows Chinese tourists in South Africa to pay with the Alipay app at authorized retailers.
- To push mobile payment adoption, payment services providers in South Africa are adopting QR codes as a convenient and low-cost mobile payment method. In July 2018, Mastercard partnered with fintech company Entersekt to enable interoperable QR payments. The collaboration enables Nedbank customers to make QR payments to merchants that accept Pay@, SnapScan, Zapper, or Masterpass. All of these services operate through the Nedbank Money app Scan-to-Pay feature. This integration allows Nedbank Money users to save their card information in a single app and make payments at over 100,000 retail stores and 800 billers in South Africa.
Make an Inquiry www.reportsweb.com/inquiry&RW00012454037/buying
Table of Contents:
E-commerce Payments 27
Mobile Proximity Payments 31
P2P Payments 33
Bill Payments 35
Payment Innovations 41
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the South African cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the South African cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the South African cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in South Africa.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the South African cards and payments industry.
ReportsWeb.com is a one stop shop of market research reports and solutions to various companies across the globe. We help our clients in their decision support system by helping them choose most relevant and cost effective research reports and solutions from various publishers. We provide best in class customer service and our customer support team is always available to help you on your research queries.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Payments Landscape in South Africa-Opportunities and Risks to 2022 | ABSA, Standard Bank, Capitec Bank, FNB, Nedbank, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club here
News-ID: 1587141 • Views: 610
More Releases from ReportsWeb
Fleet Management Solutions Market Growth Set to Surge Significantly during 2019 …
Fleet Management Solutions Global Market Report 2019-2023 Fleet (vehicle) management can include a range of functions, such as vehicle financing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle telematics, driver management, speed management, fuel management and health and safety management. Fleet management market has been greatly affected by the rising operational costs rooting from increased demand for utility vehicles, rising expenditure on maintenance, and steady growth in compliance costs. The market has been operating on very meager
Enterprise Resource Planning Market Witness Highest Growth in near future| Leadi …
Enterprise Resource Planning Global Market Report 2019-2023 Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a method of efficiently utilizing people, hardware and software to increase productivity and profit, thus simplifying a company’s business processes. ERP systems merge each of the company’s key operations, including the manufacturing, distribution, financial, human resources and customer relations departments, into one software system. It is widely used in all industries. This Report covers the manufacturers' data, including: shipment, price,
Cognitive Search Service Market Overview, Growth Factors, Demand and Top Compani …
Cognitive Search Service Global Market Report 2019-2023 Cognitive search enables knowledge discovery that is highly relevant to users' intent by deriving contextual insights from conceptual data. This Report covers the manufacturers' data, including: shipment, price, revenue, gross profit, interview record, business distribution etc., these data help the consumer know about the competitors better. This report also covers all the regions and countries of the world, which shows a regional development status, including
Asset Tracking Market Technological Advancement, Growth Opportunities and Trends …
Asset Tracking Global Market Report 2019-2023 Asset tracking refers to the method of tracking physical assets, either by scanning barcode labels attached to the assets or by using tags using GPS, BLE or RFID which broadcast their location. Advancements in miniaturization and communications have made lower value asset tracking more practical, expanding the range of potential industries and asset types. The advent of advanced Internet of Things (IoT) solutions leveraging M2M and
More Releases for South
South Africa: Country Intelligence Report
Summary "South Africa: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in South Africa today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of
South Coast Dental Specialists - Dorchester
There have been many advancements in dental implant technology, and this has created a rise in patient interest in this area. Many dental practices are getting more enquiries about dental implants than ever. They are seen to be becoming the most popular choice for replacing a missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants can restore both appearance and functionality of the tooth. Therefore, many patients have discovered they are the best
South America Aviation Market
The South American aviation market was affected adversely by the financial crisis, which had originated in the United States and the sales were impacted adversely by the same, but the market has recovered, since. Furthermore, the good performance of regional jets sold by Embraer were termed profitable by users and could certainly turn the tide as aircraft orders from other airlines continue to increase. Rising income levels in the continent
Energy Drinks in South Africa
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Energy Drinks in South Africa to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Energy Drinks in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the
Meat in South Africa 2017
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Meat in South Africa 2017 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Meat in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Synopsis: Essential
Agrochemicals Market in South Africa
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title South Africa: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021) to its growing collection of premium market research reports. The report “South Africa: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, active ingredient, formulation, crop, and pest. Market size and forecast (2016-2021) has been provided in terms of both, value (000 USD) and volume (000 KG) in the