ShelfLifeAdvice.com™ Serves Thanksgiving Tips on Handling Leftovers
• All leftovers should be refrigerated or frozen within two hours of cooking. Food spoils quickly if left at room temperature for longer than two hours.
• When preparing leftovers for refrigeration, divide them into small, shallow containers so they can cool more quickly and evenly. If you store them in large containers, the food will stay warm in the middle—making a perfect breeding ground for bacteria hours after being placed in the refrigerator or freezer.
• Cut the leftover turkey off the bone so that it will cool faster.
• Properly stored, turkey leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Placing turkey in the freezer can extend its shelf life by six months.
• At each meal that incorporates leftovers, reheat only what you expect to use. Don’t reheat the same leftovers more than once. Every time food goes through the 40°F-140°F “danger zone,” bacteria has an opportunity to grow.
• Cooked vegetables are safe to eat within 3-4 days if properly stored in a sealable container. Refrigerate large portions into two smaller containers, and leave a little space on top. Some leftover vegetables may not freeze well; they may be mushy when defrosted.
• Pie can be frozen for up to a year. To freeze the leftovers of a fruit, mincemeat or even pumpkin pie, slip the entire pie into a gallon freezer bag; then seal, label and freeze.
• For more information on storing your Thanksgiving leftovers, refer to these links:
o How Long Can I Keep Refrigerated Leftovers?
o Shelf Life of Potatoes
o Shelf Life of Casseroles
• Find more tips on extending the shelf life of foods at http://shelflifeadvice.com.
ShelfLifeAdvice.com™ is a free website with comprehensive shelf-life and storage information on hundreds of foods, with data from university, government, and other reliable sources.
Contact: Bianca Garrison-Quick
Public Relations Associate
37 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL. 32801
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release ShelfLifeAdvice.com™ Serves Thanksgiving Tips on Handling Leftovers here
News-ID: 152916 • Views: 1130
More Releases from Shelf Life Advice
ShelfLifeAdvice.com™ Serves Thanksgiving Dinner Tips
ORLANDO, Fla.—Make your Thanksgiving dinner a happy memory for all your guests. Follow these tips from the food safety experts at ShelfLifeAdvice.com™ to ensure proper handling and preparation of your Thanksgiving feast. Preparing the Turkey • If you’re getting a fresh turkey, buy it no more than 1-2 days before you plan on cooking it. • To defrost a frozen turkey safely, thaw it in the refrigerator in its original packaging
More Releases for Advice:
Coronavirus advice for employers
The UK government has declared coronavirus a "serious and imminent threat" to public health, as it announced new powers to fight its spread. Under the measures, people can now be forcibly quarantined and will not be free to leave. Based on the World Health Organization's declaration that this is a public health emergency of international concern, the UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to
Robo Advice: Revolution or Evolution?Including: Robo advice, automated financial …
The Robo Advice: Revolution or Evolution? report provides strategists, marketers and senior managers with the critical information they need to assess the rapidly developing for automated investment and financial advice. Robo advice is one of the most important trends in the market, and this report gives a comprehensive assessment of the based on discussions with all the leading players globally. Request Sample Report: http://www.reportbazzar.com/request-sample/?pid=507416&ptitle=Robo+Advice%3A+Revolution+or+Evolution%3FIncluding%3A+Robo+advice%2C+automated+financial+planning%2C+financial+advice%2C+brokerage%2C+fund+platformsCovering%3A+Australia%2C+Europe%2C+UK%2C+USA.&req=Sample Reasons to Purchase The Report • Develop strategies based
Advice Unlimited Welcomes Sarah Sechrist
OLNEY, MD – December 17, 2012 – Advice Unlimited LLC, a public relations/marketing communications firm that specializes in serving high tech companies and/or divisions that sell to the government marketplace, is pleased to announce that Sarah Sechrist has joined its team as a Public Relations Account Executive. Sarah is a 2011 graduate of Seton Hall University, where she earned her Master of Arts degree in Strategic Communication and Leadership, and a
Advice Unlimited Welcomes Thomas Moylan
OLNEY, MD – November 7, 2012 – Advice Unlimited LLC, a public relations/marketing communications firm that specializes in serving high tech companies and/or divisions that sell to the government marketplace, is pleased to announce that Thomas Moylan is joining its team as a Social Media Specialist. Thomas recently graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park, where he received his degree in Communication. His training, education, and professional experience gained through
Gold Investment Advice
Eldora Gold Advise - When gold is found join the gold rush, it would be an investment that would make you rich! In the following article, we give you some more gold investment advice, with each detail explained to keep away from scams, fraud on investment by boiler rooms. Eldora Resources Tips: There are several reasons, why gold is so expensive, point one, it is one of the rarest elements. Two,
More advice through IT
Bremen fish specialist retailer F.L. Bodes is relying on the use of IT to support sales - technology manufacturer Bizerba has installed modern PC retail scales Bremen/Balingen, 6th July 2010- “Constantly fresh seafood delicacies from all over the world”. This is the promise of Bremen fish specialist F. L. Bodes Nachfolger GmbH & Co. KG. The company looks back on over 140 years and five generations of experience in fish retail,