Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights
Ishita Nanda, the principal analyst, stated, “Chronic kidney disease is responsible for approximately 5-10 million deaths per year, worldwide. In fact, over 90% of the patients suffering from reduced kidney function are unaware of their medical condition. The market is therefore, characterized by a pressing need for effective diagnostic and therapeutic solutions.”
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, it includes:
• A detailed assessment of the current market landscape highlighting the drugs available / under development for treatment of chronic kidney disease. Presently, over 160 product candidates are being evaluated across various stages of development for the management / treatment of chronic kidney disease. Of these, 24% are in the preclinical or discovery phase. Amongst the drugs that are under clinical development, 33 are in phase III / pre-registration, 47 in phase II, and 22 in phase I and phase I/II trials. Interestingly, since 2012, 22 product candidates have been commercialized.
• An in-depth analysis of the product pipeline and developer companies, featuring three schematic representations; these include [A] a heptagon representation, highlighting the distribution of the marketed and development stage molecules based on the target clinical condition, [B] a 2X2 grid analysis, representing the distribution of drug candidates across various disease indications, dosing frequencies and stages of development, and [C] a diagrammatic representation of the regional landscape of industry players involved in the development of drugs in this domain, distributed based on the location of their headquarters. Essentially, the market landscape is characterized by the presence of large (31), mid-sized (33) and small-sized companies (47).
• An insightful market assessment summary, highlighting the clinical and commercial attractiveness of pipeline molecules (phase II and phase III), taking into consideration size of enrolled patient population (for the trial in the highest phase of development), route of administration, treatment type (disease modifying agent and drugs offering symptomatic relief) and dosing frequency (for quantifying clinical attractiveness), and target patient population, expected launch date and size of developer company (for quantifying commercial attractiveness).
• An analysis highlighting the key unmet needs across chronic kidney disease, featuring an analysis of content presented on informal (100 patient blogs and over 3,000 social media posts) and formal (180 scientific articles) literary sources, and the opinions expressed by industry experts confirm the existence of several unmet needs within the CKD market.
• An insightful competitive analysis, highlighting the key players in the domain on the basis of the strength of their respective development portfolios, taking into account company size and the stage of development of lead molecules in their respective pipelines.
• A detailed analysis identifying the key opinion leaders (KOLs), featuring a 2X2 analysis to assess the relative experience of certain KOLs who were shortlisted based on their contributions (in terms of involvement in various clinical studies) to this field.
• An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the recent past. We observed that 28% of the agreements signed between 2015 and 2018 were related to research and development. These were followed by development and commercialization agreements (23%), licensing agreements (22%), commercialization agreements (15%), acquisitions (5%), mergers (5%), and manufacturing agreements (2%).
• An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development in companies that are focused in this area. Across all funding rounds, the most active investors include (in terms of participation in funding rounds) Omega Funds, Flagship Pioneering, Polaris Partners, venBio Select, Oxford Finance, OrbiMed Advisors, Morningside Group, Limulus Venture Partners, Cormorant Asset Management, AJU IB Investment and Sibling Capital.
Nanda further remarked, “The current market landscape is characterized by the presence of established and small-sized companies and prominent academic institutions, which are engaged in the development of various product candidates, either independently or in collaboration with industry players. It is worth mentioning that most of the research activity in this domain is concentrated in the developed regions (North America and Europe).”
The research covers product portfolios of several companies, including:
• Astellas Pharma
• Bristol-Myers Squibb
• Daiichi Sankyo
• Eli Lilly and Company
• Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
• Kyowa Hakko Kirin
• Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
• Novartis Pharmaceuticals
• Shield Therapeutics
• Vifor Pharma
Roots Analysis is a specialist market research company, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector.
For additional details, please visit
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/chronic-kidney-disease-market-pipeline-review-developer-landscape-and-competitive-insights-/235.html or email email@example.com
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights here
News-ID: 1428279 • Views: 163
More Releases from Roots Analysis
The contract manufacturing services market for stem cells is expected to be wort …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Stem Cell Contract Manufacturing Market, 2019-2030” report to its list of offerings. Owing to a highly regulated production environment and the need for state-of-the-art technologies and equipment, it is difficult for innovators to establish in-house expertise for the large-scale manufacturing of stem cell therapies. As a result, stem cell therapy developers are increasingly relying on contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for their product
Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030” report to its list of offerings. Prabhjot Kaur, the principal analyst, stated, “Currently, close to 200 industry players are actively involved in providing real world data / analytics / services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Of these, more than 120 players leverage clinical data (derived from medical and patient care records) and
Smart Wearables: The Future of Personalized Healthcare
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Smart Wearables in Healthcare, 2016-2030” report to its list of offerings. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market landscape with respect to key players and specific applications of the diverse range of products in this sector. It also presents a detailed future outlook and opportunity analysis of the smart wearables market from a healthcare and fitness perspective. Tapish Dogra,
CELL LINE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES MARKET TO WITNESS STEADY GROWTH IN THE COMING DEC …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Cell Line Development Services Market, 2017-2027” report to its list of offerings. The report features an extensive study on the rapidly growing market of cell line development and manufacturing services providers. The report presents an elaborate compilation of research, analysis and opinions on several key aspects of the market. Akanksha Bhagtani, the principal analyst, said, “The growing pipeline of biological drugs has resulted
More Releases for Pharma
Global Deferasirox Market 2018 - Novartis, Cipla, Sun Pharma, Natco Pharma
Apex Market Reports, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the “Deferasirox Market” across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of “Deferasirox Market” from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global PP Pipe industry, and estimates the future trend of Deferasirox on the basis of
Big Pharma Outlook 2026
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Big Pharma Outlook 2026 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Pharmavitae Analytics casts its eye out to 2026 with challenging trends in healthcare management set to crystallize, Big Pharma will add $29.5bn in revenues out to 2026, generating $351bn in prescription pharmaceuticals at a low single-digit compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.9%. Using in-house sales forecasts,
Clomifene Citrate Market 2017 - Sanofi, Palam Pharma, Bioxera, Zafax Pharma
Apex Research, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the "Clomifene Citrate Market" across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of "Clomifene Citrate Market" from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global Clomifene Citrate industry, and estimates the future trend of Clomifene Citrate market on
12th World Pharma Congress
Conference Series proudly announces 12th World Pharma Congress for 2017, during October 16-18, at Budapest, Hungary. Pharmaceutical innovation is an orderly, predictable process. Intensive research coverage is resulting in an abundant knowledge of the mechanisms driving drug discovery and development. Pharmaceutical Formulation Market size was USD $147billion in 2015 and is anticipated to reach around USD 175.1 billion by 2018. In USA, the total number of new drugs approved between
12th World Pharma Congress
Conference Series has taken an initiation to conduct International Pharma Congress worldwide. From several years Conference Series has been conducting Pharma Congress conferences in major continents like Europe, America and Asia Pacific. Previous conferences were held in city like USA, with success. Conference Series proudly announces 12th World Pharma Congress for 2017, during October 16-18, at Budapest, Hungary. Pharmaceutical innovation is an orderly, predictable process. Intensive research coverage is resulting
4th African Pharma Congress
In the light of this theme, the conference series aims to provide a forum for international researchers from various areas of pharmaceutical sciences like chemical processing, industrial practice, analytical methods and pharmacological actions by providing a platform for critical analysis of new agenda, and to share latest cutting-edge research findings and results about all aspects of Pharmacy We are honoured to invite pharmacists, researchers, professors, scientific communities, delegates, students, business