Payments Landscape in Malaysia Market Analysis by Key Operators Maybank, Bank Simpanan Nasional, CIMB, Public Bank, Hong Leong Bank, Bank Islam Malaysia, RHB Bank, AmBank, United Overseas Bank, Citibank, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018-22f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
• Bank Simpanan Nasional
• Public Bank
• Hong Leong Bank
• Bank Islam Malaysia
• RHB Bank
• United Overseas Bank
• Al Rajhi Bank
• Aeon Credit Service
• American Express
• Diners Club
Get Sample Copy of this Report@ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2360352
- To strengthen consumer confidence in card-based payments, Bank Negara Malaysia introduced the Malaysian Chip Card Specification initiative in 2014 for the migration of domestic debit cards to the EMV standard. As part of the initiative, the central bank prohibited the use of signature-based payments from July 1, 2017. In addition, to encourage individuals to make card payments, the central bank prohibits retailers from imposing surcharges on debit and credit card payments. And to further promote card payments, the central bank has introduced contactless functionality to domestic debit card scheme MyDebit.
- In an attempt to increase card usage, in July 1, 2015 Bank Negara Malaysia introduced a regulation to cap interchange fees charged by domestic debit card schemes at 0.15% of the transaction value (subject to a maximum interchange fee of MYR0.50 [$0.12] + 0.01% per transaction). Debit cards issued by international schemes are capped at 0.21% of the transaction value (subject to a maximum of MYR0.70 [$0.17] + 0.01% per transaction). The interchange fee for credit cards is capped at 1.10% of the transaction value, with plans to reduce it further to 0.48% from January 1, 2021. The central bank has waived interchange fees for any payments made via domestic debit cards to the government or its agencies until December 31, 2020.
- To offer convenient payments for e-commerce purchases, in April 2017, Maybank launched a new payment gateway targeting ecommerce entrepreneurs - particularly SMEs. Maybank2u Pay enables merchants to accept online payments via online banking platform Maybank2u. Merchants will be able to integrate the payment gateway into their website so that they can receive online payments from their customers. Similarly, in March 2016 Visa launched its checkout service, Visa Checkout, in Malaysia. The solution enables users to store their credit and debit card details as well as their shipping address in order to make instant payments.
Reasons to buy:
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Malaysia's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Malaysia's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Malaysia's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Malaysia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Malaysia's cards and payments industry.
Make an Inquiry before Buying@ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2360352
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Malaysia's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in Malaysia's cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, direct debit, credit transfers, cheques, and cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Malaysia's cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
Key Points from TOC:
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Get More Access with Full TOC@ http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/payments-landscape-in-malaysia-opportunities-and-risks-to-2022
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas - 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
Email id: email@example.com
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Payments Landscape in Malaysia Market Analysis by Key Operators Maybank, Bank Simpanan Nasional, CIMB, Public Bank, Hong Leong Bank, Bank Islam Malaysia, RHB Bank, AmBank, United Overseas Bank, Citibank, Visa, Mastercard, American Express here
News-ID: 1414565 • Views: 1255
More Releases from Orbis Research
2020 Reinsurance Market in India General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), A …
India is the fastest-growing reinsurance market in the world. The industry is expected to witness notable growth due to the recent regulatory changes imposed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), which encourages offshore companies to set up operations in the country. Further, low insurance penetration, frequent occurrence of severe catastrophes, recent regulatory reforms pertaining to crop insurance, and the entry of numerous foreign players are expected
Respiratory Care Devices Market 2020 | Key Players PAP Devices, Ventilators, Neb …
Orbisresearch.com has published "Global Respiratory Care Devices Market (by Product, Type, Application, End User, Geography), Recent Developments, Company Profiles-Forecast to 2026" report to its database Request a pdf sample at https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/5139526 The global respiratory care devices market is expected to reach nearly US$ 35 Billion by 2026. Respiratory care is a healthcare specialty, which is focused on improving cardiopulmonary functions and promoting health & wellness. Respiratory care devices are used for the
Cannabidiol (CBD) Cosmetics Market 2020 Segmentation, by Key Manufacturers: L'Or …
The CBD is a good antioxidant that can fight anxiety, pain, inflammation, epilepsy, reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, and prevent and prevent alzheimer’s disease and other beneficial effects. CBD cosmetics have the functions of whitening, anti-oxidation, anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, anti-inflammation, anti-acne, repairing deep basal cells and deeply cleaning skin. Request a sample of this report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3681281 The global Cannabidiol (CBD) Cosmetics market is valued at xx million US$ in 2018 and will reach xx
Factoring Market 2020 Segmentation, by Key Manufacturers: BNP Paribas, Deutsche …
The Factoring is a service of financial nature involving the conversion of credit bill into cash. It is a process or mechanism by which a company generates finance against its receivables. Factoring is asset-based financing in which the factor gives credit by looking at the creditworthiness of the borrower. Request a sample of this report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/4418561 The research report studies the Factoring market using different methodologies and analyzes to provide accurate and in-depth information
More Releases for Malaysia
White Coffee Market Future Growth by 2027 | Oldtown(Malaysia), KOPIKO(Indonesia) …
The "Global White Coffee Market: 2020" Industry Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the White Coffee Market by 4ARC Research . The White Coffee market is supposed to demonstrate a considerable growth during the forecast period of 2020 - 2027. The company profiles of all the key players and brands that are dominating the market have been given in this report. Their moves like
Agrochemicals Market in Malaysia
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Malaysia: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021) to its growing collection of premium market research reports. The report “Malaysia: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, active ingredient, formulation, crop, and pest. Market size and forecast (2016-2021) has been provided in terms of both, value (000 USD) and volume (000 KG) in the report. A
Infrastructure Insight: Malaysia
MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on "Infrastructure Insight: Malaysia" Description This report provides a detailed look into the infrastructure sector in Malaysia, including analysis of the state of the current infrastructure, the regulatory and financing landscapes and the major projects in the construction pipeline. The report covers all key infrastructure sectors: roads, railways, electricity and power, water and sewerage, communication, and airports and ports. Summary Malaysia is expected to see some of the fastest
Pet Project Malaysia 2013
To be held on 23rd March, 2013 (from 9am to 6pm) at The British International School of Kuala Lumpur in association with Expatriate Lifestyle, Pet Project Malaysia is BACK and we are once again “Getting Active to Help Save Animals”. Created in 2011, this is an event to unify the community in supporting animal welfare by doing something FUN and proactive. This event is open to the public and we
UAE Exchange Arrives in Malaysia
Malaysia is an important market and a vital link in the global network of UAE Exchange. The strong presence of UAE Exchange in Malaysia and the plethora of services offered will bolster the trust of millions of customers here. Malaysia is a fast developing nation and home for millions of expatriates from various parts of the world. This hard-working foreign workforce needs to address various financial requirements locally and also send
MYSMEConnect.com launches in Malaysia
Online buying convenience with personalized retail service is a boon to Malaysian Small Businesses adopting digital voice and information technology. SMEs can now reap the benefits of online shopping when they shop for CISCO voice and data networking products. To meet the needs of customers distributed around the disparate locations throughout Malaysia, MYSMEConnect.com, a single stop retail website, enable users to Search, Compare and Purchase the latest selection of CISCO products