Online Returns in the UK - 2017
This report looks at the online returns channel in the UK from 2017 to 2022. Consumers are becoming increasingly accustomed to returning items bought online, resulting in significant growth of the channel over the next five years. Retailers must give the returns process as much attention as the shopping journey in order to boost customer satisfaction and help retain customers. In this report we look at what people return, the methods used and the size of the channel split by parcel size for each sector. We also look at the profile and penetration of online shoppers who return, and what drives them to return by sector.
The report covers the following topics -
- The hot issues
- What people return
- Who returns
- Why people return
Request a Sample Copy:https://www.worldwidemarketreports.com/sample/63
- The online returns channel is set to rise by 34.6% to £5,438.1m by 2022. Growing consumer confidence in the returns process and a 35.0% growth in online spend over the same period will drive this growth. Retailers must prepare for the rising number of returns by investing into the entire operation. Retailers that are able to provide a returns process which is as seamless as the purchasing journey will benefit from improved customer retention.
- Penetration of online shoppers that have returned an item, has risen across all sectors other than in clothing & footwear, although clothing & footwear has by far the highest penetration at 32.7% - compared to the next highest sector food & grocery gifting at 19.7%.
- Overall, 37.3% of returns were made via post while 35.1% were brought back to a retailer's store. However, for five of the nine retail sectors, returns were most commonly completed via returning to store. The minimal use of channels such as lockers and drop off points like Collect+ and Doddle proves that consumer awareness of these options remains low. Retailers should further highlight the availability of the lesser used options to demonstrate the convenience of their returns proposition whilst alleviating some of the workload and resource involved in the returns process for stores.
Inquire Before Buying:https://www.worldwidemarketreports.com/quiry/63
Reasons to buy
- Utilise our five year forecasts to 2022 for the online returns channel, and sector penetration to help form an effective growth strategy.
- Review our analysis on hot issues and understand the factors driving the channel.
- Understand the returns penetration for each sector in 2017, and returns penetration of total online market.
- Understand the returns channel share of online retail and forecast growth compared to online spend, to help incorporate growing returns into financial forecasts.
- Recognise why consumers are returning products purchased online to enable a better understanding of the channel moving forward, and to help mitigate the future growth of returns.
Worldwide Market Reports is your one-stop repository of detailed and in-depth market research reports compiled by an extensive list of publishers from across the globe. We offer reports across virtually all domains and an exhaustive list of sub-domains under the sun. The in-depth market analysis by some of the most vastly experienced analysts provide our diverse range of clients from across all industries with vital decision making insights to plan and align their market strategies in line with current market trends. Worldwide Market Research’s well-researched inputs that encompass domains ranging from IT to healthcare enable our prized clients to capitalize upon key growth opportunities and shield against credible threats prevalent in the market in the current scenario and those expected in the near future.
Worldwide Market Reports
Tel: +1 415 871 0703
Visit our news Website: https://www.coherentwire.com
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Online Returns in the UK - 2017 here
News-ID: 1253007 • Views: 524
More Releases from Worldwide Market Reports
In-Building Antennas Market COVID 19 Increse Factors Outlook, Key Growth Trends …
(August 2020) WMR released a report on In-Building Antennas Market 2026. It provides key insights through details and gives customers a competitive advantage. In-Building Antennas Industry Size, Market Share Value, Competitor Surveys, Industry Outlook and Analytics cover a variety of factors such as geographic analysis, In-Building Antennas types, applications, and more. Impact Analysis of COVID-19: The complete version of the In-Building Antennas Market Report will include the impact of the COVID-19,
Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Network Market COVID 19 Growth Rate, Increasing Demands, St …
The Global Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Network Market is prophesied in a report by Worldwide Market Reports (WMR) to find players focusing on the development of new products with a view to attain a position of strength in terms of revenue share. Strategic collaborations could be one powerful way of bringing new products to the market. There could be an increase in the level of competition observed in the market This research report categorizes
High Performance Computing Technology Market 2020: Potential Growth, Challenges, …
Worldwide Market Reports, in its latest report titled, “High Performance Computing Technology Market: Global Industry Analysis 2015–2018 and Forecast 2020–2026″ provides a complete view of the market by assessing the impact of the technological advancements, changes in investment habits, and in-depth overview of Product Specification. This report is a consolidation of primary and secondary research, which provides market size, share, dynamics, and forecast for various segments and sub-segments considering the
Aero Engineering Service Market 2020: Global Segments, Size, Industry Growth and …
(September 2020 trend research report ) The most recent research report on Aero Engineering Service Market 2020 published by Worldwide Market Reports begins with the market description, official report, segmentation, and classification. The report offers a comprehensive analysis of the market so that perusers can be guided on future opportunities and high-profit ranges within the industry. The report gives a detailed examination of the market structure, considering the current market scene,
More Releases for Retailers
UK Personal Insurance Distribution: Banks and Retailers
Publisher's "UK Personal Insurance Distribution: Banks and Retailers" report explores the significance of banks and retailers within personal lines. It addresses the benefits and challenges of distributing through the channels and provides a competitive overview of where retailers, banks, and building societies rank within the home, motor, pet, and travel insurance markets. This is followed by the analysis of 14 of the main UK retailers and banks in regards to:
Global Tempeh Market 2018-2025 Hypermarkets, Specialist Retailers, Online Retail …
Market study on Global Tempeh Market 2018 Research Report presents a professional and complete analysis of Global Tempeh Market on the current market situation. Report provides a general overview of the Tempeh industry 2018 including definitions, classifications, Tempeh market analysis, a wide range of applications and Tempeh industry chain structure. The 2018's report on Tempeh industry offers the global Tempeh development history, development trends and competitive landscape analysis. The
The Importance of Contactability for Retailers
Yonder Digital Group, the customer experience experts, have released a new video outlining the importance of customer contactability for retailers deploying the latest contact technology, and how it can significantly enhance commercial outcomes. In an economic environment where high street retailers are coming under increased revenue and margins pressures, providing customers with a seamless experience across multiple channels and multiple technologies – online and offline - is an increasingly critical element
UK Personal Insurance Distribution: Banks and Retailers
Summary An affinity scheme is a partnership in which an insurer underwrites insurance to be distributed via another company whose primary product or service is not insurance. This includes banks and retailers which together account for just under a fifth of GWP from the personal lines market, with banks generating two thirds of this. Banks and building societies are strong within the home insurance market due to close links with mortgage
Captcha Solver Retailers Hub
Has it came into your mind to start your own captcha solving business? Have you ever wondered to have a captcha solving business under your own brand or logo? Well, you have come to the right place! Captcha Solutions Retailers Portal's whitelabeled captcha solver reseller website caters just what you might want to start your own captcha solving business under your own logo / brand! Powered by its flag ship company (Captcha
Need to celebrate saves many retailers
It wasn’t just love that flourished on Valentine’s Day! While Christmas may have brought little cheer to many high street retailers, it appears that the need to celebrate remains strong with the buying public as Valentine’s Day was a godsend for florists and Mother’s Day and Easter are also promising to help them as well as hairdressers restaurants and pubs. “An advance from Business Cash Advance has helped many of our