Picture perfect holiday cards
AMSTERDAM, NY – Americans are poised to send nearly 2 billion holiday cards this year, according to the Greeting Card Association. And with the average American household receiving about 30 cards, you want your card to make a lasting impression.
According to area photographer Jennifer Young, if you had a photo card in mind this year, you can maximize the success for the perfect photograph.
“The holidays are a time to celebrate the year, reflect on memories and share your good fortune with one another. Holiday photo cards are the perfect way to keep in touch and send your holiday cheer to those on your list,” says Young, owner of Forever Young Photography (www.fyphotography.com) in Amsterdam, NY. “With the right pictures, your greeting cards will be the talk of the town.”
Whether it’s for the entire family, or just children, following these top tips for getting the best holiday card photo will help:
1. Try a Formal Approach. “Creating your own amateur portrait studio at home is easy, says Young. She suggests finding a large, well-lit area where you can bring in some kitchen chairs or stools to help pose members of the group at different heights to create a staggered effect in your rows.
2. Check out the background. “Look for a background that helps draw the viewers' eye to your subjects' faces,” she says. White snow, pine trees or cloudy skies make perfect backdrops.
3. Get Closer Than You Think. “Crop in closely so your friends and family don't have to squint to figure out who is in the picture,” suggest Young.
4. Coordinate Your Colors. “Whether your photos are formal or informal, they'll make a much more attractive presentation if you use colors that complement your intended card design,” she says. Young explains that the clothes don't have to match perfectly, but even a subtle thread of complementary colors running through the portrait will help pull it all together.
5. Balance the Lighting. “Even when shooting outdoors, you'll need to use fill flash to eliminate facial shadows and a tripod to steady the camera,” says Young. If your camera has a fill flash or portrait mode, it should automatically provide a soft flash that won't overpower the surrounding light sources.
6. Match the Mood. “There are many card designs available, so you should be sure to match your picture with the mood of the card you've chosen,” she says. Some cards have a very simple color frame, with traditional accents like sprigs of holly or snowflakes; others have more whimsical borders, with multi-color patterns and shapes.
7. Leave it to an Expert. “Photographers are not just technicians,” Young says. “A professional understands how to capture images that are right for a family and convey the message required. Their experience enables them to obtain successful results in any situation.”
Young also suggest try not waiting until the last minute. “It’s best to be prepared and think ahead about these things,” she says. “Most people wait until the last minute and are forced to take a less-than-average photo with their digital camera.”
For more information about Jennifer Young or her services, please call (518) 843.5650 or Jennifer@FYPhotography.com.
Be Heard Solutions
184 Lancaster Street
Albany NY 12210
About Cherry Communications (www.cherrycommunications.com)
Based in the Capital Region of New York, Cherry Communications is a strategic communications firm that works with businesses and nonprofits all over the country to develop results-oriented marketing and public relations programs. For more information, contact Shannon Cherry at 518-248-6592 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Picture perfect holiday cards here
News-ID: 12262 • Views: 1558
More Releases from Be Heard Solutions
National Be Heard Day Offers Small Business Celebration with Free Gifts
News Release For Immediate Release National Be Heard Day Offers Small Business Celebration with Free Gifts Marketing Experts Reveal Secrets to Be Heard for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners Albany, NY- February 29, 2008 -- As part of National Be Heard Day on March 7, a group of marketing experts will be offering free tools and programs to help entrepreneurs and small business owners find their voice, tell their story and be
Wild Women Entrepreneurs Hosts Virtual Assistance Mastermind Teleconference
Learn how “going virtual” can increase your earnings to six-figures BOSTON (January 29, 2007) — Ever wonder how the internet can help raise your business to new heights? Wild Women Entrepreneurs (Wild WE) will host a teleconference featuring Lori Davis, an expert in using virtual technology. The event will teach participants about the benefits of using multiple online services to increase revenue on Tuesday, February 20th at 12:00 p.m. EST. “The internet
Hit the Ground Running Upon Graduation
Certified coach shares secrets to transition from college campus to corporate climate ATLANTA (JANUARY 25, 2007) – There’s more opportunity and more choices than ever for college graduates, but according to Career Coach Hallie Crawford, CPCC, MA, the key for students to land a great job upon graduation and be prepared for life after school is to think and plan ahead. “Surveys show employers plan to hire almost 18 percent more new
Cherry Picked: Creating Healthy Relationships chooses Cherry Communications as P …
Albany, NY –January 24, 2007 – Cherry Communications, a provider of public relations and marketing communications services for businesses and nonprofit organizations, announced today the addition of its newest client, Creating Healthy Relationships. “Cherry Communications is thrilled to be part of the team for this up-and-coming company,” said Shannon Cherry, Cherry Communications president. “Using state-of-the-art technology, this partnership proves that you don't need a PR firm in your own backyard
More Releases for Young
Young Innovations takes over Astek
Heidelberg/Germany, November 11, 2020 – The American dental group Young Innovations has acquired the leading British dental manufacturer Astek and is now taking over the distribution of the product range. The medical portfolio of Astek Innovations includes well-known brands such as Pro-Matrix®, Pro-Tip®, Transform, Pegasus, inSafe, and Alma Prosthetic Instruments. Currently, the hygienic disposable products from Astek are in particular demand because they help to control infection risks. For example, the
Keeping Ron "Forever Young"
"Uncle Ronny is a living legend of Texas music," says artrepreneur Nikki Young of her uncle, Ron Young. "And we want him to stay that way - a *living* legend - for as long as possible." In that spirit, nearly 300 of Ron Young's family, friends, and fans packed Sam's Burger Joint on Sunday, February 17 for "Forever Young," an all-day benefit for the singer/songwriter, who was diagnosed with an
Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys Young and Young University Scholarship En …
Indianapolis, IN August 25, 2010 --- Young and Young one of the leading consumer personal injury law firms in Indianapolis, has announced scholarship endowments for 2 Hoosier Universities. Two scholarships are either fully endowed or in the process of being fully endowed at Marian University, Indianapolis, in the name of our Father Howard S. Young, Jr., and our Mother Mary A. Young. Both attorneys dedicated their professional
Jackson Walker Welcomes Randel Young
HOUSTON – Jackson Walker is pleased to welcome partner Randel Young to the firm’s Houston office. Mr. Young has almost 30 years’ experience in the energy, natural resource and electric power and related service sectors, with an emphasis on structuring, negotiating and documenting oil and gas, natural resource and other projects and transactions. Mr. Young’s practice is focused on U.S. and international project development and project finance transactions, U.S. and
Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorneys Young and Young Launch New Website
Indianapolis, IN June 15, 2010 --- Young and Young one of the leading consumer personal injury law firms in Indianapolis, has announced the launch of its new consumer-friendly personal injury website this week—youngandyoungin.com. The new website is designed to help Indiana citizens learn about personal injuries, automobile and motorcycle accidents, construction site injuries, medical malpractice, and social security disability claims process, and understand the rights and protections
Young Germany launches 'Deutsch@YG'
Introductory German-language offering on young-germany.de – the Germany website for high potentials. Young Germany (YG), the website for international high potentials, has launched its German-language section „Deutsch@YG“(www.young-germany.de/deutsch.html) to establish a sixth category in its online editorial offering. Deutsch@YG serves as an interactive and multimedial introduction to the German language. The website will use the English-language content in the existing categories „Career & Education“, „Business & Innovation“, „Lifestyle & Society“ and „Living in