The Baby Food Sector in Portugal, 2018
The baby food sector declined sharply up to 2014, but seemed to turn a corner in 2015 and 2016 thanks to increased birth numbers, an improved economy, and higher disposable incomes. A drop in the number of births in 2017, however, saw the sector dip again. Price sensitivity has held down prices, encouraged by the introduction and popularity of lower priced products. In 2017, the largest category in volume terms was baby meals, with 35.1%. Baby cereals have marginally moved ahead of baby milks, with volume shares of 32.3% and 32.2% respectively. Baby drinks and finger foods remain tiny. The supply of baby food is now in the hands of two major manufacturers - Nestlé and Danone - which hold a combined 80% of value. Both are active in all the major categories, and have local production facilities. Alter (with its Nutribén brand) is the only other significant player. Following the liberalization of the distribution of baby food in the early 1990s, pharmacies accounted for less than 10% of baby food sales in 2017, with food retailers now representing the bulk of sales. The market is expected to struggle over the next few years, as the number of births continues to decline. In total, the sector is forecast to grow by only 1.5% in volume terms, and by 16.2% in value terms.
Get sample copy of this report@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2171045
- First-stage milks continue to account for the largest share in volume terms, despite the overall decline in the number of births. Overall, their importance has declined over the last six years, partly as a result of higher rates of breastfeeding, as well as lower birth numbers.
- Second-stage milks decreased marginally, due to the declining number of births, although it remains the second largest segment. With the advent of third-stage milks, second-stage milks have faced more competition.
- Special dietary formulae is the smallest segment, accounting for 9.4% of sales in 2017. Despite the high cost of these milks, their share has increased slightly in volume, and more clearly in value, as those mothers who can afford them have been persuaded of their benefits
- Plastic pots are offered by Nestlé and Danone, and pouches by Humana, Vitagermine, Hero, Nestlé , Danone, Nutribén, and a number of own labels including Continente. Danone, Nestlé, and Nutribén supply products in jars.
- Demand for cereals is expected to show no overall growth over the forecast period, although per capita intake levels will rise marginally, sustained by the growing popularity of new flavors and ready-to-eat variants.
Reasons to buy:
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Inquiry before buying@ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2171045
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Get more information about this report@ http://orbisresearch.com/reports/index/the-baby-food-sector-in-portugal-2018
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas - 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release The Baby Food Sector in Portugal, 2018 here
News-ID: 1105504 • Views: 175
More Releases from Orbis Research
2020 Reinsurance Market in India General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), A …
India is the fastest-growing reinsurance market in the world. The industry is expected to witness notable growth due to the recent regulatory changes imposed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), which encourages offshore companies to set up operations in the country. Further, low insurance penetration, frequent occurrence of severe catastrophes, recent regulatory reforms pertaining to crop insurance, and the entry of numerous foreign players are expected
Respiratory Care Devices Market 2020 | Key Players PAP Devices, Ventilators, Neb …
Orbisresearch.com has published "Global Respiratory Care Devices Market (by Product, Type, Application, End User, Geography), Recent Developments, Company Profiles-Forecast to 2026" report to its database Request a pdf sample at https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/5139526 The global respiratory care devices market is expected to reach nearly US$ 35 Billion by 2026. Respiratory care is a healthcare specialty, which is focused on improving cardiopulmonary functions and promoting health & wellness. Respiratory care devices are used for the
Cannabidiol (CBD) Cosmetics Market 2020 Segmentation, by Key Manufacturers: L'Or …
The CBD is a good antioxidant that can fight anxiety, pain, inflammation, epilepsy, reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, and prevent and prevent alzheimer’s disease and other beneficial effects. CBD cosmetics have the functions of whitening, anti-oxidation, anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, anti-inflammation, anti-acne, repairing deep basal cells and deeply cleaning skin. Request a sample of this report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3681281 The global Cannabidiol (CBD) Cosmetics market is valued at xx million US$ in 2018 and will reach xx
Factoring Market 2020 Segmentation, by Key Manufacturers: BNP Paribas, Deutsche …
The Factoring is a service of financial nature involving the conversion of credit bill into cash. It is a process or mechanism by which a company generates finance against its receivables. Factoring is asset-based financing in which the factor gives credit by looking at the creditworthiness of the borrower. Request a sample of this report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/4418561 The research report studies the Factoring market using different methodologies and analyzes to provide accurate and in-depth information
More Releases for Nestlé
Health Drink Market Seeking Excellent Growth | Nestlé, Fonterra, Monster Bevera …
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Health Drink Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020 is latest research study released by HTF MI evaluating the market, highlighting opportunities, risk side analysis, and leveraged with strategic and tactical decision-making support. The study provides information on market trends and development, drivers, capacities, technologies, and on the changing investment structure of the COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Health Drink Market. Some of the key players profiled
Canned Food Market Is Booming Worldwide | JBS, Nestlé, Pinnacle Foods
Global Canned Food Sales Market Report 2018 is latest research study released by HTF MI evaluating the market, highlighting opportunities, risk side analysis, and leveraged with strategic and tactical decision-making support. The study provides information on market trends and development, drivers, capacities, technologies, and on the changing capital structure of the Global Canned Food Market. Some of the key players profiled in the study are Bolton Group, ConAgra Foods, Del
Chocolate Market Is Booming Worldwide with Bournville, Mondelez, Nestlé
HTF Market Report released a new research document of 115 pages on industry titled as 'India Chocolate Market Outlook, 2022' with detailed analysis, Competitive landscape, forecast and strategies. The study covers geographic analysis and important players/vendors. The report will help you gain market insights, future trends and growth prospects for forecast period of 2017-2021. Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/1088127-india-chocolate-market-2 Summary The Indian chocolate market in precedent years has been witnessing
Global Kosher Foods Market 2018-2025 ADM, Manischewitz, Nestlé, Streit's
Market study on Global Kosher Foods Market 2018 Research Report presents a professional and complete analysis of Global Kosher Foods Market on the current market situation. Report provides a general overview of the Kosher Foods industry 2018 including definitions, classifications, Kosher Foods market analysis, a wide range of applications and Kosher Foods industry chain structure. The 2018's report on Kosher Foods industry offers the global Kosher Foods development history,
Industrial Chocolate Market Is Booming Worldwide | Cargill, Irca, Nestlé
HTF Market Intelligence released a new research report of 73 pages on title 'Global Industrial Chocolate Market 2017-2021' with detailed analysis, forecast and strategies. The study covers key regions that includes Americas, APAC, EMEA and important players such as Cargill, Irca, Nestlé etc. Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/206405-global-industrial-chocolate-market-4 Industrial chocolate is produced primarily from a cocoa liquor/paste and butter, which are combined with other ingredients such as sugar and powdered
Pasta Global Market 2018: Key Players Nestlé, Ajinomoto, ITC Limited
Pasta is referred to as one of the staple dish prepared using flour and egg and is of Italian origin Pasta is made majorly made up of wheat flour and is now consumed all across the globe. Rising demand for convenience foods and escalating consumption of cross region cuisines is propelling the positive growth of this market. Pasta market is segmented on the basis major ingredients, functionality, distribution channel, form, and