Wassenaar Arrangement, Latvian’s Export and Import Controls to be discussed at Defence Exports Conference
The two-day meeting will provide attendees with the opportunity to network with leading lawyers, consultants, industry professionals, and government officials involved in arms controls and export compliance from all over the world.
7 Reasons to Attend This Year’s Defence Exports Conference:
1. Hear the latest updates from the best-to-date speaker line-up including leading arms exports control experts from: Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UK Ministry of Defence, US Department of State, US Department of Commerce, Defense Technology Security Administration, UK Department for International Trade, Global Affairs Canada, Inspectorate of Strategic Products, Wassenaar Arrangement, French Ministry of Defence, BAFA: Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control, Spanish Secretary of State for Commerce, Rolls Royce, Fokker Technologies, Leonardo, L3 Technologies, Honeywell, Rockwell Automation, DRS Technologies, United Technologies Corporation, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Belgium Engine Center, Nexter, and many more.
2. Hear crucial updates on: the Wassenaar Arrangement, US, UK, Italian, Canadian, Swedish, Polish, Latvian’s Export and Import Controls, how industry leaders trade, and new innovative transfer technology such as Cloud Computing
3. Participate in three panel discussions on:
• US export changes, featuring senior US Department of State, US Department of Commerce, and US Department of Defense officials
• Similarities and differences in European export control systems, featuring government expert panellists
• Preparing for BREXIT, looking at key trends and best practices to simplify compliance
4. Partake in 4 unique conference workshops:
• ITAR and EAR practice tips led by Global Legal Services and BAE Systems
• EAR fundamentals led by US Department of Commerce
• New technology: exploring automated export control processes and record keeping led by Rolls-Royce
• Case study on best practise approach to UK MoD exporting, led by the Waterguard ASSC Compliance lead, UK MoD
5. Benefit from the early bird offer of a £200 discount on the conference price, expiring 29th June. Special rates for military and government representatives and group booking discounts are available. Visit the website to download a complimentary copy of the event agenda and register online, alternatively please contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054.
6. Confirmed attendees: Join and network with industry experts from: AERO Vodochody AEROSPACE, Amphenol Procom, CAE, Cargolux Airlines International, Fokker Technologies, Kongsberg Gruppen, MBDA, Microtecnica (UTAS), Moog, Paboban Studio Legale, Souriau, Swedish Armed Forces, Thales Netherlands, UK MoD, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), Saab, Pilatus and many more.
7. Meet and network with this year’s industry leading sponsors: Deloitte LLP and Pillsbury. Limited sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact SMi Group to book one of the remaining exhibition stands.
The event brochure is available to download on the website, as well as information on the full speaker line up at: http://www.defence-exports.com/openpr
Bookings made by 29th June will be eligible for a £200 early bird discount, visit the website for more details.
The Defence Exports Conference
19th and 20th September 2018
To sponsor, speak or exhibit at Defence Exports 2018, please contact Sadia Malick at firstname.lastname@example.org
For delegate queries please contact James Hitchen at email@example.com
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk
SMi Group Ltd
1 Westminster Bridge Rd, South Bank, London SE1 7XW
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Wassenaar Arrangement, Latvian’s Export and Import Controls to be discussed at Defence Exports Conference here
News-ID: 1102700 • Views: 1579
More Releases from SMi Group
Leading Microbiologists to meet at SMi’s 10th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiolo …
SMi Reports: Leading pharmaceutical microbiologists and industry experts to meet at SMi’s 10th Anniversary Pharmaceutical Microbiology UK Conference taking place in London on 17-18 January 2022. SMi Group announces the 10th Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology UK Conference to take place on the 17 - 18 January 2022 in London. The 10th Anniversary conference theme is “Exploring Robust Risk-Based Microbiological Control Strategy”. The two-day conference will be chaired by Di Morris, Clinical Auditor,
Keynote address from TÜV SÜD and Amgen at Medical Devices and IVD Conference i …
The MDR and IVDR updates will have a profound impact on the medical device industry, bringing certain products into regulatory scope that were previously excluded, introducing new manufacturing requirements, and increasing the burden for post-market surveillance. What does this mean for the future of the Medical Devices and IVD industry? More information on the programme and speaker line-up can be found here: www.medicaldevices-ivd.com/pr3openpr IVDR implementation: State of
Registration Opens for Energy from Waste Conference 2021
SMi Group’s Energy from Waste conference will return to London for its 14th year this December SMi Group are pleased to announce the return of their Energy from Waste conference, which will return to London for its 14th year on 1st – 2nd December 2021. Due to the current political climate, the Energy From Waste industry is changing dramatically. This years, conference agenda will explore how technological innovations and new policy are
Workshop on Connected Devices and Digital Health: How to Navigate the U.S. FDA U …
SMi Reports: Workshop will include case studies related to emergent digital health innovations currently coming out of Silicon Valley, software apps connected to drug delivery platforms, and new applications for medical software. Our conference co-chair Shannon Clark has conducted numerous workshops on human factors and usability testing throughout the world, from Stockholm to Shanghai. This year’s workshop will discuss the U.S. FDA Human Factors Engineering Process in the context of digital
More Releases for Defence
Dates Announced for Defence Safety Conference 2020
SMi Group's Defence Safety Conference will return to London for its third year on 5th - 6th October 2020. Supported by the UK MoD Defence Safety Authority, this event will explore the safe delivery of defence capabilities across the land, air and maritime domains to provide a holistic overview of safety within the military. As the only event dedicated to defence safety, this conference is a global meeting point for the
Defence Equipment Packaging Market
Global Defence Equipment Packaging Market: Overview The global defence industry has undergone significant transformation in the past few decades. The dynamic nature of the defence industry can be determined from the fact that defence electronics become obsolete in a matter of years. Defence electronics comprises all the sophisticated systems integrated with tactical equipment. It is anticipated that the advent of modern technology, coupled with rapid progress of R&D teams across the
SMi’s Defence Logistics (CEE) – New Speakers & Updates
Join the world's leading military logisticians at Defence Logistics Central and Eastern Europe in Prague this March, to hear updates on enhancing multinational logistics collaboration for regional collective defence. This highly anticipated two-day event will focus specifically on regional logistics operations, joint interoperability, and strategy optimisation, covering a blend of: transport, supply chain and MRO management, medical logistic operations, lifecycle management, C2, and much more. www.defence-logistics.eu/opr SMi are delighted to welcome
Introducing the 3rd Annual Defence Logistics 2018
SMi Group are proud to announce the third annual Defence Logistics Central and Eastern Europe conference, to be held in Prague from the 6th – 7th March, 2018. www.defence-logistics.eu/opr Based on the success of our previous two defence logistics conferences, which were supported by the Czech Armed Forces, we aim to enable senior logistics and combat service support representatives from regional militaries, international defence organisations, and commercial entities to share and
Defence Equipment Market & Manufacturing in India 2017
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Defence Equipment Market & Manufacturing in India 2017 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Although, India is among the top ten military spenders in the world. However, unlike other geographies which have large defence industries to support their domestic needs , Indian requirements are primarily met by government players into the domain and imports. With importing nearly USD 5.5
Defence Exports 2017 : A spotlight on Italy
SMi's Defence Exports 2017 Conference moves to Rome with support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Development and Leonardo. As Italy continues to become a key player in the global arms trade, SMi Group’s 12th annual Defence Exports will take place in Rome on the 27th and 28th of September. Bringing insights and support from high-level representatives of government and industry on best practices