|02-20-2018 09:28 AM CET - Health & Medicine||
How to Pick the Perfect Pediatrician
Press release from: Envolve Health
Finding the right pediatrician for your young children can be challenging, especially if you’ve never gone through the process before. You may be unsure where to start and who to turn to for reliable information. To help make the search easier, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have created five tips to help you choose a pediatrician that fits your and your child’s needs.
1. Create a List. One of the first things to do is set a goal to find six to eight pediatric providers or practices to review. Make sure to check the back of your insurance card for a website or customer service line to locate a pediatrician within your health network and close to your home or work. Set a hard deadline for finalizing your top provider list at least three months prior to the need, such as your baby’s arrival or your move date. This will give you and your family plenty of time to make any necessary changes.
2. Ask for Recommendations. Reach out to people you know and trust to learn who their favorite pediatricians are and what they love about them. This is a simple and effective way to get insight into potential pediatric providers in your area. Moving and don’t know anyone in your new neighborhood? Jump on the computer and take advantage of social media, parenting magazines, online reviews and blogs. You’d be surprised how easy it can be to ask for and find a good referral from your online friend network.
3. Ask About Availability. Fevers and boo-boos almost always show up unannounced, so ask how your provider handles after-hours health concerns. Find out who covers for your pediatrician when he or she is not available, if they have weekend hours and how they prioritize sick visits. Ask if the practice provides an after-hour nurse advice line service that offers 24/7 access to clinical professionals who can provide peace-of-mind when something occurs outside normal business hours.
4. Meet the Team. Set a “get to know you” appointment with potential pediatric providers so you can see first-hand how everyone in the office interacts with the patients. During the appointment, ask questions about their approach to antibiotics and immunizations. Ask about sick visit availability and how they handle referrals should you need a specialist in the future. Asking these questions up front will help you determine if the provider aligns with your treatment preferences.
5. Office Review. When interviewing pediatricians, make note of your surroundings. How is the office set up? Is it kid friendly? Are there separate well and sick waiting rooms? Is it clean? Is the staff friendly and accommodating to parents? Make sure to view one of the exam rooms while you’re visiting. Being comfortable with the environment is an important factor when choosing your child’s pediatrician and will give you peace of mind when it’s time to visit for routine appointments.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
News-ID: 948912 • Views: 132More releases