Exciting agri invasion expected when Agribusiness Congress East Africa comes to Uganda next week
“Uganda is the promised land for agriculture”
Agri experts, industry representatives and suppliers who will be at Agribusiness Congress East Africa include:
• “I look forward to Agribusiness Congress East Africa developing into a platform that enables business to business engagement leading to actual sales”
- Chris Kaijuka, chairman of The Grain Council of Uganda and speaker at Agribusiness Congress East Africa. The TGCU is a returning, key partner in the event.
• “We are heavily committed to agriculture and remain that way. MASCOR is committed to serve all that till the land. We are excited about the development in the small, medium and emerging sectors and the interest in the commercial developments. Uganda is the promised land for agriculture. Many opportunities exist. Commercial farming has great potential.”
- Martin Kusel, Mascor's Country Manager in Uganda. Mascor and John Deere are platinum sponsors for this year’s event and have been long-time supporters of the event.
• “Land tenure and affordable finance are the major challenges to expanding and developing the agri sector. Current interest rates put enormous stress on agribusiness and are often prohibitive. We need to look at novel ways to finance the agri sector, and get around using land as collateral. Fortunately we are starting to see special purpose funds enter the market space, offering new opportunities for those looking to raise finance, be it for working capital or infrastructure.”
- Jon McLea, Director, Agricona, session chairman at Agribusiness Congress East Africa
• “The agriculture sector in the sub-region is undergoing a slow recovery from several decades of misplaced policies. There is a need to harmonise our policies so as to improve intra-regional trade and thereby create a better environment for trade and regional markets.”
- George Magai, Director Trade and Markets at the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa - Alliance for Commodity Trade in Eastern and Southern Africa.
• “ENGSOL works more as a partner, building long term relationships, rather than just as a supplier and the standards of our products and support are tested on our model farm”
- Ian Walker, MD of ENGSOL, gold sponsors.
• “Let us put our money where our mouths are, let us invest in commercializing smallholder agriculture”
- Dr. Juliana Rwelamira, Managing Director, Sasakawa Africa Association, Ethiopia and speaker at the event.
• “Farm Concern’s Commercial Villages for Market Access and Financial Services Project (COViMAP) seeks to improve market and trade efficiency for smallholder farmers and wholesale buyers along target value chains”
- Tomson Okot, Senior Programme Director Farm Concern International – a supporting industry partner of Agribusiness Congress East Africa. Mr Okot is also part of a panel discussion at the event.
• “We see the professional management of farms as one of the main ways of achieving East Africa's goal of reaching its food-producing potential”
- Geoffrey Morley, Director, Cross Agriculture Ltd, bronze sponsors.
• “Currently East Africa is a net importer of food but has sufficient land and water resource to be at least self-sufficient, if not an exporter. By providing farmers with the required knowledge and technology this shift can be achieved”
- Andy Watt, Managing Director, Qualibasic Seeds, Kenya, speaker and Qualibasic Seeds is also a bronze sponsor at the event.
• “Although big projects are essential to the food security and economy of countries in Africa, it is equally important to find ways of bringing the smaller farmers into the agricultural economy”
- Rod Watson, Managing Director, Chief Industries, returning silver sponsors.
Industry and sector support
Other leading agricultural and economic partners of Agribusiness Congress East Africa include: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS), The Grain Council of Uganda (TGCU), Agricultural Council of Tanzania (ACT), Eastern Africa Farmers Federation, Eastern African Grain Council, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), SA Capital Equipment Export Council (SAEEC), National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI) and VECO East Africa.
As in previous years, the technology and services industry in the sector has come out in huge support of the event and with the expo this year, they have even more opportunities to showcase their offerings. Leading farming equipment suppliers John Deere and Mascor as well as Heartland Global are platinum sponsors at Agribusiness Congress East Africa while Case, Engsol, Tafe and Toyota are gold sponsors.
Agribusiness Congress East Africa dates and venue:
Conference and expo: 29-30 November 2017
Venue: National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI), Gayaza Road Namulonge, Kampala, Uganda
Agribusiness Congress East Africa is organised by Spintelligent, a well-known trade conference and expo organiser on the continent, with particular expertise and experience in energy, infrastructure development and agricultural events; including the long-running flagship shows such as Agritech Expo Zambia, Farm-Tech Expo Kenya, Future Energy East Africa, Future Energy Uganda, Kenya Mining Forum and African Utility Week in Cape Town.
Senior communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
Postal address: PO Box 321, Steenberg, 7947, South Africa
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Exciting agri invasion expected when Agribusiness Congress East Africa comes to Uganda next week here
News-ID: 832225 • Views: 928
More Releases from Agribusiness Congress East Africa
COMESA-ACTESA partner with Agribusiness Congress East Africa, Agritech Expo Zamb …
“Our partnership with Agribusiness Congress East Africa, Agritech Expo Zambia and Farm-Tech Expo Kenya helps to bring together strategic players in the agribusiness sector from across Africa, says George Magai, Director Trade and Markets at the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa - Alliance for Commodity Trade in Eastern and Southern Africa. COMESA-ACTESA have entered into a five-year partnership with all the agri events organised by Spintelligent, including the
East Africa’s agri potential: “the new frontier for food and grain productio …
“My vision for the agri sector is a national grain sector that supplies the region and is the preferred source of high quality grain. There are opportunities in agriculture with our two seasons (bimodal) and a fast growing population; highest in the world at 3% per annum.” This is according to Mr Chris Kaijuka, chairman of The Grain Council of Uganda (TGCU) and featured speaker at the upcoming Agribusiness Congress
Agribusiness Congress East Africa returns to Kampala in November as a full expo, …
Leading regional farming event Agribusiness Congress East Africa returns to Kampala from 29-30 November as a fully-fledged conference and outdoor exhibition with its move to the National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI) in Namulonge. Apart from the high-level conference with high-level expert speakers, the event will this year also feature more than 45 exhibitors, free training workshops and agronomy consultations, roundtable discussions as well as live demonstrations and crop trials.
Ghana produces big winners at the West African Power Industry Awards in Lagos th …
ECOWAS Executive Director Mahama Kappiah, Mojec Meter and Power CEO Chantelle Abdul, Aggreko, Ghana’s GRIDCo and Solar Nigeria walked away with some of the top awards at the West African Power Industry Awards that took place in Lagos this week. The third edition of the hugely successful West African Power Industry Awards took place at this year’s West African Power Industry Convention (WAPIC) during a gala dinner where industry pioneers and
More Releases for Agri
SFarmsIndia Launches Full Stack Agri Land Services
SFarmsIndia.com, India's first Agri land marketplace, has announced Agri land services needed for pre and post agriculture land registration.These services for both buyers and farmers include packages such as Land survey, RSR/revenue document verification, Legal verification, Document writing & registration guidance, Subdivision and landmarking, Mutation guidance, Pattadar/title passbook guidance, and farmer certificate guidance. While most of these services are available around 16 states (both south and north states) and plans
Blockchain - Adoption in Agri-Food Industry
After proving its mettle in the cryptocurrency world, Blockchain (BC), a distributed open ledger technology, has started disrupting other industries such as healthcare, automotive, BFSI, transportation, etc. In the agri-food industry, where the supply chain is a vital part of the industry, BC-based solutions facilitate trust and acceptability. The outbreak of food-borne illnesses, food frauds and mishandling of produce, has only added to the need for developing track and trace solutions,
Rapeseed Oil Market 2019 | Worldwide Forecast 2025 | Major Players - ADM Agri-In …
Up Market Research has added the latest research report on “Rapeseed Oil Market Forecast to 2025” to its huge pool of market research reports database. The most up to date report comprises the latest trends that influence the market competition in the forecast period. The Rapeseed Oil Market Report 2025 provides a regional analysis of the market. The regional analysis focuses on manufacturers, suppliers, segmentation according to the application, major players,
On the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of November, we will host our fourth annual Agri-Days Event. Key attractions this year will include Proforge Machinery Demonstrations (subject to weather), featuring the launch of our New Proforge Mounted Multimole Moledrainer. This represents an impressive addition to our iconic Moledrainer range that is ground-breaking in every sense of the word. Besides that, exclusive New & Used Machinery Offers will be revealed at the
Global Agricultural Tractors Market 2018 : Attractiveness, Analysis and Key Play …
Researchmoz added Most up-to-date research on "Global Agricultural Tractors Sales Market Report 2018" to its huge collection of research reports. In this report, the global Agricultural Tractors market is valued at USD XX million in 2017 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2017 and 2025. Geographically, this report split global into several key Regions, with sales (K Units),
Palm Oil Market Report for Period 2017 till 2022 Indofood Agri Resources, Golden …
Global Palm Oil Market report provides detailed analysis of companies namely Indofood Agri Resources, Golden Agri Resources, First Resources and Others. This report study includes global market statistics and analysis for example, company performance, historical analysis 2012 to 2016, market forecast 2017 to 2023 in terms of volume, revenue, YOY growth rate, and CAGR for the year 2017 to 2023, etc. Palm oil is one of the worlds most produced and