Birmingham Business Bags International RecognitionIt’s been a month of major victories for Birmingham firm Nourished, makers of the world’s only 3D printed, personalised, gummy vitamins. Nourished has today been announced as one of the finalists for the SXSW pitch taking place at the internationally renowned South by Southwest, an annual global celebration including film, interactive media, music festivals and conferences. Nourished has been named as one of five finalists in the Health, Wearables & Wellbeing category. The two-day event will take place on March 17th and 18th during SXSW Online, with the winners for each category announced during the SXSW Pitch Award Ceremony on Thursday, March 18th at 3:05 pm.
The SXSW pitch showcases innovators and pioneers within the tech industry, as leading start-ups from around the world showcase impressive innovations to a panel of hand-picked judges. Of the 553 companies who have participated in the SXSW Pitch between 2009 and 2019, over 80% received funding, with a staggering combined total of just under $7.6 billion. Of those 553 past participants, 18% have been acquired by the likes of Google, BT, Huffington Post, and Apple.
“SXSW Pitch is having an incredible year in the recruiting and showcasing of the best and the brightest start-ups from around the globe. Despite the global pandemic, the start-up community has responded positively to our call for participation and with this SXSW is able to feature an incredible class of start-ups that we believe will change the landscape of the technology world,” said SXSW Pitch Event Producer Chris Valentine.
Founder and CEO of Nourished Melissa Snover has also this month been named a finalist in the Innovator category at the FDM everywoman in Technology Awards – now in their 11th year, the awards celebrate the tech industry’s most exceptional talent from the UK and beyond. Furthermore, Nourished has also been ranked #50 in the FoodTech 500, the world’s first definitive list of entrepreneurial talent from across the globe at the intersection between food, technology, and sustainability.
“I’m so proud to see the recognition that Nourished continues to receive – it’s wonderful to know that experts in their various fields are on board with my concept and see the potential that Nourished has to grow even further. To be selected for the SXSW pitch is a particular milestone for me, I follow the competition each year so be taking part is a goal realized. In the two years since we launched we have added new product lines, we have innovative new products in the works and we’ve launched in the USA - I can’t wait for the world to find out what the future has in store for Nourished,” said Melissa Snover, founder and CEO of Nourished.
This international renown follows on from early success seen by Nourished – in 2019 Ms. Snover achieved the biggest seed round ever raised by a female founder in the UK, a commendable £2 million. Nourished has gone from strength-to-strength since launch, with a highly successful USA launch firmly underway, new product lines set to launch in the very near future with the introduction of Nourished Kids and plans in the works behind the scenes for the creation of new 3D printing technology in order to allow the team to create personalized protein bars.
It’s not just Nourished – the West Midlands is home to the nation’s largest tech industry cluster outside London. With fellow success stories Adzuna and Droplet also bought to life in the region, it’s clear business in Birmingham is booming. Birmingham has been the UK’s startup capital for the past seven years, and in 2020 – a year like no other – Birmingham saw a huge 18,394 new enterprises started.
• Nourished is the world’s first truly customized 3D printed vitamin. Nourished has developed a revolutionary method to combine seven different active ingredients into one daily personalized stack, using an innovative 3D printing technology and patented vegan encapsulation formula.
• Nourished uses only the highest quality ingredients from ethically sourced suppliers which are all vegan certified, sugar-free, free from all major allergens, and Halal and Kosher friendly.
• 98% of the ingredients used are sourced from the UK, and every 3D stack is printed in Birmingham, fresh to order.
• Nourished formulations use a base made up of erythritol, pectin and maltitol to create a pleasing sweet taste without any sugar.
• All Nourished packaging is 100% plastic-free, and is recyclable or home compostable.
All Nourished products are certified MADE IN THE UK and are produced by the team in the headquarters in Digbeth, Birmingham.
• Nourished is the UK’s highest-rated vitamin, winner of the Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award 2021.
About Melissa Snover
• Melissa Snover is an award-winning entrepreneur and visionary in the world of food technology and 3D printing. She is passionate about developing innovations that offer solutions to her customers, challenge her competitors, and disrupt current market offerings. She is currently the founder and CEO of Rem3dy Health which pioneers personalised solutions across preventative and curative health under the brands Nourished (Personalised Nutrition) and Scripted (Personalised Medicine).
• Ms. Snover began her journey by developing the worlds first and only vegan allergen free gummy range in 2010, which she grew to over 40,000 stores in less than 18 months and sold to a PLC in less than 3 years, making it the youngest brand to ever be sold on the European M&A market.
• Ms. Snover developed and invented the world’s first FDA and FSA approved food printer in 2015, which resulted in six patented technologies being protected.
• Ms. Snover raised the highest ever female founder seed round in UK history in 2019 for REMEDY, and is an ambassador for women’s equal access to finance, as well as being an avid supporter and mentor; supporting young people of all backgrounds to begin studying in STEM fields.
• Ms. Snover did her BA at the University of Colorado – Boulder, USA and continued her education at Lancaster University Business School, UK.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Birmingham Business Bags International Recognition here
News-ID: 2243464 • Views: 409
More Releases for SXSW
The Self Love Revolution comes to SXSW
The Self Love Revolution comes to SXSW Jonathan Troen shares his “Self Love Revolution: The New Pathway to Success” AUSTIN, Texas, March 1, 2019.— Jonathan Troen has been invited share his message of Self Love at the SXSW Conference and Festival 2019. His featured talk “Self Love Revolution: The New Pathway to Success” is a part of the SXSW’s Austin focused series, highlighting thought leaders emerging from SXSW’s backyard. Jonathan’s Self Love Revolution redefines
Knowbella Tech Selected as Finalist for 2019 SXSW Pitch
Knowbella Tech to showcase the Knowbella Platform™ in the blockchain category Cincinnati, OH — January 9th, 2019 — Knowbella Tech, an open science collaboration platform company, was selected as a finalist in the Blockchain category for the 11th annual SXSW Pitch® (formerly SXSW Accelerator). SXSW Pitch is the marquee event of South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conference & Festivals (March 8-17, 2019) Entrepreneurship & Startup Track, where leading startups from around
Black Note Graffiti Perform At 2016 SXSW
Michigan’s hard rock band Black Note Graffiti will perform two shows right in the middle of 2016 SXSW at the RedGorilla Music Festival in Austin TX. Ann Arbor, MI, March 12, 2016 -- Michigan’s hard rock band Black Note Graffiti will perform two shows right in the middle of 2016 SXSW at the RedGorilla Music Festival in Austin TX. The headlining shows will be on Thursday March 17th at 7pm at
AO Wireless President Joe Wargo Speaks at SXSW on Wireless
Alpha Omega Wireless, Inc. President, Joe Wargo, will be a featured speaker at the 2013 SXSW Interactive. Joe will be speaking to an audience, on Saturday March 9th from 9:30AM to 10:30AM at the Austin Convention Center (http://schedule.sxsw.com/2013/events/event_IAP15797) about wireless networks at large events and venues. Some of the topics will be about how to design, prepare, and deploy wireless backhaul and Wi-Fi networks for high-density crowds in large venues.
AO Wireless Installs Wireless Backhaul for Live SXSW Concert
Austin, TX - March 16th, 2011 Alpha Omega Wireless, Inc. ("AO Wireless") installed a 150Mbps wireless Ethernet Bridge at SXSW that allowed NPR to broadcast world wide a live concert event at the famous Stubb's outdoor venue. The concert event featured bands like, James Blake and the legendary Duran Duran. President Joe Wargo says, "We were asked just hours before the show to install a wireless backhaul from SXSW's wireless network,
SXSW: Texas Shorts Screening: NEAL (SOLD-OUT)
The horror/ comedy short film by Geoff McGee, NEAL, enjoyed a packed house and enthusiastic reception during its world premiere at the prestigious South by Southwest Film Festival on March 11, 2011. The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema hosted a sold-out screening of the film about a swimming pool cleaner/ vacuum named Neal going rogue on a young innocent couple during a romantic late night swim. The film will also be screened