|04-23-2012 10:11 PM CET - Leisure, Entertainment, Miscellaneous||
Central Veterinary Associates Alerts Pet Owners of Recalls of Canine Heartworm Preventative and Baby Formulas for Birds
Press release from: Central Veterinary Associates, P.C.
PR Agency: PRMG
VALLEY STREAM, NY — Central Veterinary Associates is alerting pet owners that Virbac Animal Health of Fort Worth, Texas is recalling its Iverhart Max Chewable Tablets and Kaytee, a Central Garden & Pet brand based in Chilton, Wisconsin, is recalling its Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Birds and Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Macaw.
Virbac has voluntarily recalled its canine heartworm and internal parasite preventive Iverhart Max Chewable Tablets (ivermectin, pyrantel, pamoate, praziquantel) because the ivermectin failed to meet the company’s stability specifications, meaning some of the dogs dosed with the affected tablets may not be protected against heartworm disease. The affected medication has the lot number 110482 and is given to large dogs between 50.1 and 100 pounds.
The Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Birds and Hand Feeding Formula Baby Macaw have been recalled due to high levels of Vitamin D. Consuming too much Vitamin D can cause illness associated with kidney damage, including weakness, inactivity, lack of appetite, vomiting, increased thirst and watery droppings as the result of increased urination. The following products are being recalled:
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Bird 6/7.5 oz. (SKU #100032326, UPC Code 07185947510) with a “Best Before Code” of 21 Mar 2013 and 20 Apr 2013
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Bird 6/18 oz. (SKU #100032328, UPC Code 07185947511) with a “Best Before Code” of 9 Mar 2013 and 19 Apr 2013
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Bird 4/5 lb. (SKU #100032330, UPC Code 07185947512) with a “Best Before Code” of 14 Mar 2013, 30 Mar 2013 and 16 May 2013
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Bird 4/5 lb. (Petco store product) (SKU #100032432, UPC Code 07185947512) with a “Best Before Code” of 30 Mar 2013
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Bird 1/22 lb. (SKU #100032336, UPC Code #07185947518) with a “Best Before Code” of 21 Mar 2013, 13 Apr 2013 and 16 May 2013
● Kaytee exact® Hand Feeding Formula Baby Macaw 4/5 lb. (SKU #100032337, UPC Code #07185947515) with a “Best Before Code” of 1 Mar 2013, 14 Mar 2013 and 19 Apr 2013
“We urge all dog owners to request another heartworm preventative for their pets while the company continues to recall their products. If your dog is infected with heartworms while taking the product, your veterinarian may administer the treatment and the company will cover the treatment under its product satisfaction guarantee,” said Dr. Steven Fox, President and Chief Executive Officer, Central Veterinary Associates. “If your pet bird shows signs of any of the symptoms as the result of ingesting the formula, please bring them to a veterinarian immediately. Our Valley Stream facility has a hospital that is open around the clock, 365 days a year, with a veterinarian always on duty in our emergency room. We also urge any pet owners who have bought any of these recalled products to return them to the store.”
CVA keeps its hospital in Valley Stream open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including all major holidays. For more information or to make an appointment, call 1 (888) 4CVA-PET (428-2738) or visit www.centralvets.com.
About Central Veterinary Associates
Central Veterinary Associates is a 24-hour, full-service hospital that provides optimal small animal medicine, including exotic medicine. The main hospital is located in Valley Stream, which provides 24-hour care at its state-of-the-art facility. Central Veterinary Associates also has other convenient locations in Mineola, Great Neck, Bayside, Forest Hills, Far Rockaway and Belle Harbor. The hospital features intensive care units and intravenous infusion pumps and offers state-of-the-art radiology, endoscopy, ultrasonography, otoscopy and dentistry services. Central Veterinary Associates has over 110 staff members, including 18 veterinarians, as well as a board-certified radiologist, surgeon and internist available for consultation, a canine and feline general practice specialist and certified veterinary acupuncturist on staff. For more information, call 1 (888) 4CVA-PET (428-2738) or visit www.centralvets.com.
Hank Russell, Public Relations Director
The Public Relations and Marketing Group
156 North Ocean Avenue
Patchogue, NY 11772
This release was published on openPR.
News-ID: 218822 • Views: 4505More releases