BIOHEART APPOINTS ADVISORY BOARD OF BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES GREENBERG TRAURIG LAW FIRM NAMED SEC COUNSEL
In addition, Corporate & Securities attorney David E. Wells, a Shareholder with the law firm of Greenberg Traurig has been engaged by Bioheart as SEC counsel.
“The trusted advice and valued input of this group of change agents will refine Bioheart’s short term and long term strategies for raising capital, monetizing assets and developing alternative revenue streams.” said Mike Tomas, president and CEO. “We are also very pleased that David Wells and his legal team at Greenberg Traurig will be providing us with the counsel and guidance needed to take Bioheart to the next level.”
The members of the Advisory Board have successfully grown companies, held C-level positions at public and privately held companies and executed complex million-dollar financial transactions.
The five-member Advisory Board members consist of:
• Gary G. Altman, PhD is a former General Manager of a $200 million Global Business Unit at Beckman Coulter – Danaher Corporation, Co-Founder and COO of Sequoia Pharmaceuticals, and Vice President of Strategy, Market and Business Development for Hemostasis Business. He is a PhD scientist who has successfully founded and built venture-backed biotech companies, planned and executed exit strategies, established strategic alliances and co-development agreements in the US and Europe and successfully developed, marketed and launched new medical markets.
• Louis Risi, Jr. has owned, operated, acquired and sold numerous business ventures during his 50-year business career. As a successful insurance and manufacturing executive, he served as former President/CEO of National Investors Fire & Casualty Co. and Norin Corporation. He has held numerous Executive Committee and Director level positions.
• Ari Rollnick is Principal/Founder of kabookaboo, an award-winning integrated marketing company that combines creative talent with strategic insight and online development with social media expertise. Rollnick’s expertise includes branding, strategy, digital media, social media and traditional design.
• Charles P. Sacher is a founding Shareholder with the law firm of Sacher, Martini & Sacher, P.A. He is a member of the Advisory Council at Notre Dame Law School.
• Frank L. Young has more than 30 years of experience launching and managing venture-backed companies in the technology and health care industries. He recently served as CFO with CuRNA, a Jupiter, Fl.-based health care company known for its discovery of new therapeutic compounds, where he engineered the sale of the company in fewer than two years for more than five times the invested capital.
Bioheart officers and executives on the Advisory Board include Chairman of the Board, William P. Murphy, M.D.; President/CEO Mike Tomas; and Chief Science Officer Kristin Comella.
About Bioheart, Inc.
Bioheart is committed to maintaining its leading position within the cardiovascular sector of the cell technology industry delivering cell therapies and biologics that help address congestive heart failure, lower limb ischemia, chronic heart ischemia, acute myocardial infarctions and other issues. Bioheart’s goals are to cause damaged tissue to be regenerated, when possible, and to improve a patient's quality of life and reduce health care costs and hospitalizations.
Specific to biotechnology, Bioheart is focused on the discovery, development and, subject to regulatory approval, commercialization of autologous cell therapies for the treatment of chronic and acute heart damage and peripheral vascular disease. Its leading product, MyoCell, is a clinical muscle-derived cell therapy designed to populate regions of scar tissue within a patient's heart with new living cells for the purpose of improving cardiac function in chronic heart failure patients. For more information on Bioheart, visit www.bioheartinc.com.
Forward-Looking Statements: Except for historical matters contained herein, statements made in this press release are forward-looking statements. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, words such as "may," "will," "to," "plan," "expect," "believe," "anticipate," "intend," "could," "would," "estimate," or "continue" or the negative other variations thereof or comparable terminology are intended to identify forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Also, forward-looking statements represent our management's beliefs and assumptions only as of the date hereof. Except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
The Company is subject to the risks and uncertainties described in its filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the section entitled "Risk Factors" in its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Becker PR is a full-service PR, event planning, and marketing firm.
2506 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
305-444-2181 ext 224
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release BIOHEART APPOINTS ADVISORY BOARD OF BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES GREENBERG TRAURIG LAW FIRM NAMED SEC COUNSEL here
News-ID: 213654 • Views: 1403
More Releases from Becker PR
KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING NAMES SANDY BENNETT AS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Miami, FL --- March 2, 2012 – KW Property Management & Consulting, a leader in turnkey management and consulting, has named Accounting Executive Sandy Bennett as Executive Director. Bennett is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Florida with more than 27 years of experience. Prior to this, she was the Accounting and Audit partner at Bennett & Bennett CPAs, P.A. in Ft. Lauderdale. Her accounting practice consisted
FULL-SERVICE NATIONAL LAW FIRM HINSHAW & CULBERTSON LLP SIGNS 12-YEAR 22,416 SF …
Law Firm Relocates Dadeland office to the Downtown Coral Gables Business District Miami, FL – February 21, 2012 -- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, a full-service national law firm with an emphasis in litigation and corporate and business law, has announced that it will relocate its Dadeland office to 2525 Ponce de Leon – a LEED-Certified Gold, state-of-the-art 12-story, 250,000 square foot mixed-use development located in the heart of the Downtown Coral
KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING LAUNCHES NEW HOSPITALITY SERVICE CAPABILITY
Miami, FL. --- February 3, 2012 - KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, a statewide leader in turnkey management, has launched a unique hospitality training capability aimed at enriching the resident experience by bringing added convenience, comfort and empathy as well as providing high quality concierge services. “Providing residents with outstanding customer service, delivered consistently over time, is the cornerstone of successful property management today,” said Robert White, co-Managing Director,
BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY CHARLES TATELBAUM ELECTED TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF BRITISH A …
Fort Lauderdale, FL – January 30, 2012 – Charles M. Tatelbaum, a Partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, has been elected as a member of the Board of Directors of the British American Business Council's Miami chapter (BABC Miami). As a board member, Tatelbaum will use his local, national and international business connections in order to promote greater use of the South Florida area as