Top 5 Common Online Threats That Parents Should Know
“If you are aware of the possible threats, you can take steps to avoid them. That’s why parents need to know everything about the dangers lurking on the internet,” explains Daniel Markuson, the digital privacy expert at NordVPN. “Not only should they inform their kids about the risks, but also show their example on how to keep away from them. Teaching about online safety should start as early as possible.”
Daniel Markuson from NordVPN lists the 5 most common problems that school-age children encounter online.
5 most common risks that school-age children face online:
1. Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It’s a form of bullying and should be treated as such because it can cause embarrassment and humiliation. Encourage kids to talk about online bullies and other things that make them anxious. Help them understand that they are not alone. Also, document everything that’s happening and help them to report users about their inappropriate actions online.
2. Privacy problems. Kids start using social media at a younger age than ever before. They tend to post a lot of personal information online without realizing the consequences. You should have a conversation about what kind of information is safe to share. Most social media or messaging services allow their users to manage their privacy settings. Sit down with your kid and adjust those settings to make sure their profile is as safe and private as possible.
3. Online predators. The internet makes it easy for criminals to reach out to their victims without drawing attention. They can fake a personality or get in touch anonymously. As for kids, they feel more comfortable online and tend to be more open to strangers than in real life. That’s why you need to insist that they should not accept friend requests from unknown people. Also, discuss information that shouldn’t be public. Predators find addresses, school location, parents jobs, and other personal information very useful.
4. Scams. Nothing is ever for free. But the internet features plenty of gift offers, contests, or email lotteries, most of which are scams. And sometimes they are easy to fall for, both for kids and adults. That’s why, as a parent, you should learn everything about scams yourself. Only when you’re able to spot them, teach the kids. Advise your child to be careful about deals that may look too good to be true. Ask them to show you every suspicious message or offer they receive. Encourage them to consult with you before buying or redeeming anything online.
5. Fake news. In the future, it will become harder to tell fabrications from reality. With falsified visuals becoming more accessible and easier to make, everybody should become more aware of fake information. Also, kids often can’t recognize sponsored content or paid advertising. That’s why it’s essential to teach them about checking facts and sources. Show the most trustworthy websites, but also discuss how to evaluate online content critically. Explain how advertising works and why influencers sponsor specific products.
28 Oktovriou, 1
ENGOMI BUSINESS CENTRE
1st floor, Office 111
2414, Nicosia, Cyprus
NordVPN | Public Relations
NordVPN is the world’s most advanced VPN service provider, used by over 12 million internet users worldwide. NordVPN offers double VPN encryption, malware blocking, and Onion Over VPN. The product is very user-friendly, offers one of the best prices on the market, has over 5,000 servers in 60 countries worldwide, and is P2P friendly. One of the key features of NordVPN is zero log policy. For more information: nordvpn.com.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Top 5 Common Online Threats That Parents Should Know here
News-ID: 1835726 • Views: 354
More Releases from NordVPN
The US is the 5th most vulnerable to cybercrime according to new research
Americans are at a high risk of becoming victims of cybercrime, according to the new Cyber Risk Index by NordVPN. The US has a high-income economy, advanced technological infrastructure, urbanization, and digitalization. However, these same factors increase the prevalence of cybercrime. NordVPN’s Cyber Risk Index covers 50 countries comprising 70% of the world population. The US ranks as the 5th most vulnerable to cybercrime out of the analyzed countries. What increases the
Five Things You Must Teach Your Parents to Be Safe Online
It’s official — social media and smartphones are no longer the exclusive domain of millennials and generation Y. A new study has found that no less than 67% of 65-74s in the UK and the USA use the internet, with 34% having social media accounts. “Although a lot of seniors are embracing smart and social technology, they need to be reminded about its dangers. Online scammers can take advantage of
How Your Data Can be Stolen, Where it Goes Afterwards, and How You Can Protect Y …
Headlines about massive data breaches affecting millions of users have never been so frequent as now. In March, a security breach involving an email marketing company may have exposed the private data of 800 million people. This makes it one of the biggest data breaches so far, potentially affecting about 1 out of every 9 people. But where do all these huge datasets go after the leak, and is it
Online Shoppers Face a New Threat That Is Almost Impossible to Detect
About 4,800 websites get infected with formjacking software every month globally. The newest Symantec’s Internet Security Threat Report lists formjacking as one of the most dangerous attacks in the history of cybercrime. Formjacking is like virtual ATM skimming. First, cyber criminals inject malicious code into an online shopping website to steal victims’ payment card details. The code reads credit card information as the person enters it, and then sends that
More Releases for VPN
Exclusive Report Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Growing with Major Em …
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Industry Research Report study provides information on market trends and development, drivers, capacities, technologies, and on the changing dynamics of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market. A thorough analysis of these elements has been accepted for defining the future growth prospects of the global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. Get Sample Copy of this Report -https://www.orianresearch.com/request-sample/1011752 Market Overview: The Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market 2019 research
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market | Size | Analysis | Share | Outlook by key …
MarketResearchNest.com adds “Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2024” new report to its research database. The report spread across in 121 pages with table and figures in it. A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected
Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Precise Outlook - TorGuar …
Global Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Insights, Forecast To 2025 This report tracks the major market events including product launches, development trends, mergers & acquisitions and the innovative business strategies opted by key market players. Along with strategically analyzing the key markets, the report also focuses on industry-specific drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges in the Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. This research report offers in-depth analysis
VPN One Click launches PrivateVPN
VPN One Click launches PrivateVPN PrivateVPN offers users dedicated VPN server and a Dedicated IP Address VPN One Click a popular VPN service with over 20 million customers globally and servers spread across over 41 countries has launched a special VPN service called PrivateVPN. The newly launched PrivateVPN by VPN One Click allows users to connect to a dedicated VPN server having a dedicated IP address. VPN One Click was founded in
VPN Software Market Trending Technologies, Remarkable Developments and Key Playe …
Marketprognosis.com Publish a New Market Research Report On “Global VPN Software Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025” which contains global key player’s survey information and forecast to 2025. Overview of the Global VPN Software Market: The report spread across 101 pages is an overview of the Global VPN Software Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025. These report study based on the VPN Software Market. It is a complete overview of the market,
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Global Market Forecast to 2023 : Nord VPN, TorGuar …
Research By Markets / Press Release / Information Technology, "Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2023", 106 Pages, 11 Companies Profiled. This report focuses on the Virtual Private Network (VPN) in Global market, especially in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market based on manufacturers, regions, type and application. TOC and List of Tables &