2011 Chevrolet Silverado Now Available in Worcester
Need some other reasons why the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado is a must have?
1. New frames: In the quest to comprehensively redesign the Silverado HD chassis to improve durability and ride, while also supporting increased capability, engineers developed 11 all-new, fully boxed frame assemblies. The frames have increased cross sections and use more high-strength steel for greater durability, higher towing capacity and improved ride and handling throughout Massachusetts.
2. New and strong independent front suspension: A completely redesigned independent front suspension system in the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado offers up to a 25-percent greater front axle weight rating - up to 6,000 pounds (2,721 kg) front gross axle weight rating (FGAWR) - enabling a snow plow to be used on all 4WD cab configurations with the available snow plow prep package, while also supporting improved ride and handling characteristics.
3. New asymmetrical leaf-spring rear suspension: Commensurate with the Silverado HD's greater strength and capability is a rear suspension designed to support greater loads for Worcester Chevy drivers. It features a new, larger asymmetrical leaf-spring design that also contributes to improved ride and handling characteristics.
4. Segment-leading towing and payload capability: Stronger frames, suspension systems with greater weight ratings and enhanced powertrain systems contribute to the Silverado HD's class-leading towing and payload capability: an amenity that Massachusetts drivers don't need to compromise on.
5. New 6.6L Duramax diesel and Allison 1000 six-speed combination: Helping the new 2011 Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks deliver their best-in-class capabilities to Worcester drivers is a new version of the workhorse Duramax 6.6L diesel and Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission powertrain combination. The Duramax 6.6L is more powerful and durable and the Allison 1000 is stronger and helps enable new features, including the exhaust brake system. Together, this improved version of a proven combination is also expected to deliver segment-best fuel economy.
6. Strengthened Vortec 6.0L/Hydra-Matic 6L90 six-speed powertrain: The venerable Vortec 6.0L gas V-8 with variable valve timing returns to the new 2011 Chevrolet Silverado heavy-duty trucks, along with a strengthened version of the Hydra-Matic 6L90 six-speed automatic transmission. This combination delivers excellent performance and efficiency, with a greater emphasis on low-rpm power.
7. Exhaust brake system: A new feature on Silverado Duramax-equipped models is an exhaust brake system. This driver-selectable feature uses the turbine control of the variable geometry turbocharger and the compression of the engine to generate back pressure, slowing the vehicle without applying the brakes. It is a smart system integrated with the cruise control feature and varies the braking to account for the grade and vehicle load that Worcester Chevrolet drivers may encounter across Massachusetts.
8. Large brakes: Brake feel and performance is greatly improved with the 2011 Silverado HD trucks. The standard four-wheel disc system is completely revamped to deliver smoother, more immediate and confident-feeling performance. Four-wheel, four-channel ABS is standard on all single-rear-wheel models and a three-channel system is standard on dual-rear-wheel models.
9. Refined and capable ride, handling and steering: Longer wheelbases - ranging from 133.6 inches (3,395 mm) to 167.7 inches (4,259 mm) - and wider front/rear tracks enhance the ride and handling characteristics of the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD, giving them a greater feeling of smoothness and control.
10. Comprehensive safety and functional technology: The 2011 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD models have a comprehensive roster of safety features and functional technologies that include StabiliTrak electronic stability control system on all single-rear-wheel models, larger, four-wheel disc brakes with standard four-wheel ABS, available rear backup camera, segment-exclusive OnStar 9.0, and many more.
11. Lives bigger, drives better, works harder: From the available remote starting feature to the unimpeded access offered by the 170-degree-opening rear access doors on extended cab models, the 2011 Silverado HD models live bigger, drive better and work harder. The interiors are refined, with improved quietness and attention to detail, but designed for working. Numerous storage compartments provide covered access for everything from work gloves to laptops.
Finally, all 2011 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD trucks work under the best warranty coverage in America - five-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty, plus roadside assistance, courtesy transportation and other features that provide assurance that Chevrolet backs its trucks confidently.
Herb Connolly Chevrolet invites Worcester Chevrolet drivers to stop by and test drive the new 2011 Chevrolet Silverado or any used Chevrolet Silverado’s at 350 Worcester Road Route 9 East in Framingham or give us a call at (888) 352-2768.
Herb Connolly's Family Owned and Operated dealerships have been serving the greater Boston Mass. area for over 90 years! Feel free to browse our inventory, set a service appointment, or schedule a test drive on any of our new or used pre-owned cars and trucks!
350 Worcester Road Route 9 East
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Now Available in Worcester here
News-ID: 166434 • Views: 1463
More Releases from Herb Connolly
Boston Metrowest Acura Drivers Are Pleased With New 2011 Acura MDX
Herb Connolly Acura, serving the Boston Metrowest area, pumps out the sales on the new 2011 Acura MDX The 2011 Acura MDX is definitely one of sleekest cars on the road these days and Herb Connolly Acura, the leading Boston Metrowest Acura dealer, is proud to offer it. Its impressive standard features, high-quality interior design, and spacious high-end crossovers is not only fun to drive but it screams luxury with
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Available to Boston Metrowest Drivers
The 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe, available at Herb Connolly Hyundai, which serves the Boston Metrowest area, has got all of the leading industry technology features that a car should offer. Listed below are just some of the features that they have to offer! The Santa Fe features six standard airbags, including side air curtain airbags. The combination of side and curtain airbags, which help protect the head and body during
2011 Elantra Touring Popular Pick For Metrowest Boston Drivers
Herb Connolly Hyundai, which serves the Boston Metrowest area, is excited to offer the new Hyundai Elantra Touring to its customers. Boston Metrowest Hyundai shoppers have a lot to be impressed about with the new stylish and well equipped Hyundai Elantra Touring. From its sleek and modern design to its amazing fuel efficiency - which averages 23mpg in the city and a whopping 31mpg on the highway, the Hyundai Elantra Touring
Cruise on By Herb Connolly Chevrolet to Check out the Chevy Cruze
As the leading Worcester Chevy Dealer, Herb Connolly is honored to deliver the all-new 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. Replacing the Chevy Cobolt, the Cruze is the first in its generation and certainly won’t be the last. Sporting an attractive price, the Chevrolet Cruze ranks #5 among affordable small cars with a near-hybrid fuel economy and 40 mpg highway, for those concerned about increasing gas prices. The exterior, although conventional, remains pleasing to
More Releases for Silverado
2020 London Wine Competition Winners Announced
Find out which wines won awards at this year’s London Wine Competition. The results of the 2020 London Wine Competition are out. This is where wines are judged for end consumers. Wines are rated with 3 main criteria in mind, quality, value and package. To be a medal winner, wines must show overall rating in all the 3 factors. This year’s competition saw about 1000 entries from more than 41
The Short Guide to Becoming a PMP released by OSP International LLC
Want to become PMP certified? This free study guide takes you through 8 steps to prepare for and pass your PMP exam. SILVERADO, October 20, 2011 - A free PMP exam study guide is released today, aimed at helping PMP exam candidates prepare for and pass the challenging PMP exam. The Short Guide to Becoming a PMP: A Guide for Busy Project Managers includes everything you need to know to plan your
Miami Lakes Chevrolet Sponsors Undercover Concert with KISS Country at Seminole …
Nobody knows who it is going to be yet, but on September 7th, Miami Lakes Chevrolet and KISS Country will put another famed country music artist on the stage at Seminole Paradise at the Hard Rock Casino. LeAnn Rimes was the first to appear in the series of Undercover Concerts. The concert was a surprise to everyone that went that night and boy did they love it.
Herb Connolly Chevrolet Silverado Crowned Best of the Best By Motor Trend
Motor Trend recently announced the winner of the Truck of the Year, and here at Herb Connolly Chevrolet Natick we are overjoyed that the Chevy Silverado was their pick! This is a big coup because the Chevrolet Volt won Car of the Year recently as well, so the Chevy brand swept the awards this year! The Motor Trend magazine’s “Of The Year awards” are the signature annual events that crown
Silverado Senior Living Named a Top Texas Employer
Silverado Senior Living has been honored as offering one of the top workplaces in Texas. The recognition comes from the Best Companies to Work For in Texas 2009 program, which selected 100 organizations statewide based on the quality of the employee experience and on workplace policies and practices. The program is a project of Texas Monthly, the Texas Association of Business, the Texas State Council of the Society
Silverado Senior Living to Hold Resident Art Show
Words may not come as easily now, but watercolors, collages, and woodcraft creations convey thoughts and feelings just as clearly. Two dozen people with Alzheimer's and other memory-impairing conditions will display their artwork 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., November 19, at Silverado Senior Living - Newport Mesa, 350 W. Bay St., Costa Mesa, Calif. Several of the exhibited pieces will be featured in a silent auction to benefit the Memories