PRIVATE JET PREDICTIONS FOR 2011 -Private jet booking platform PrivateFly.com looks forward to a year of exciting change in the industry-
PrivateFly’s CEO and founder, Adam Twidell, comments: “2011 promises to be an exciting year ahead. Despite the economic downturn, the last twelve months presented many opportunities for the private jet industry, not least through increased levels of short-term enquiries and bookings due to airline failures during snowfalls, ash clouds and industrial action.
“I am now looking forward to seeing what the New Year has in store for the sector, and believe we will witness many advancements and changes. Here are just some of the things I predict will happen.”
1. Increased cost-consciousness. A key industry trend emerging from the recession is a marked increase in cost-consciousness from private jet customers – which will continue in 2011 as a permanent priority. Both business and leisure users are shopping around more for the best deal, which is driving increased transparency from operators and brokers.
2. Embracing new technology. The private jet industry is finally moving online in an accelerated fashion and 2011 should see the emergence of additional online search and booking functionality. Private jet customers are increasingly demanding the ability to search for prices online, even if many will prefer a personal VIP phone service to confirm the booking. Similarly, increased usage of smart phones and tablets will see further mobile apps emerging for private jet users on the move.
3. Aircraft trends. Certain aircraft types look set to soar in 2011 as customers become more specific in their needs, choosing the right size of aircraft for their trip - at the right price point. For example, the new Embraer Phenom 300 will be a major player in the small and medium-sized jet categories, embracing the gap between the two. Much as Embraer’s Legacy did for the medium to large categories five years ago.
4. Empty legs. These one-way repositioning flights will attract more attention than ever before, as private charter operators find new methods of promoting their available inventory, and the industry continues to coordinate demand and supply. Premium leisure customers with a flexible itinerary will play a key role here, travelling one way by private jet and the other by scheduled airline.
5. Industry consolidation. The industry will continue to tighten as further buyouts and mergers are announced such as smaller operators joining forces; independent FBOs being bought out by the bigger players; more airlines forming alliances with private jet suppliers for VIP transfers; and online networks such as our own bringing a fragmented industry together.
6. Increased travel industry integration. Private jet charter will increasingly be seen by the travel industry as a viable travel option for both business and premium leisure travellers. With improved online functionality and transparency, TMCs and concierge agents can now confidently provide their customers with rapid response quotes and online booking for private jet travel. This will be a major opportunity for new sector growth.
7. Rise of the charter segment. Ad-hoc charter will continue to grow as a sub-sector of the industry as existing private jet users migrate from other options. Increased transparency of pricing and improved VIP service levels from charter brokers has increased charter’s appeal to those trading down from the upfront financial commitment of fractional/full ownership or card schemes.
8. Emerging markets. China will be the key one to watch, with regulations relaxing such as flight plan lead times; expansion of airports and infrastructure; and growth in aircraft manufacturing. In India the high proportion of high net worth individuals will continue to drive demand for changes to their bureaucratic aviation authority.
Adam Twidell continued: “Every cloud has a silver lining and the recession has been a major catalyst for innovation in the private jet industry, which previously had largely remained unchanged for 10 years. The economic conditions remain challenging, but there is much to look forward to in 2011.”
PrivateFly is an online booking network that makes it quicker, easier and more cost effective to arrange private jet charter.
With over 2700 operators registered worldwide, PrivateFly is the only online aggregator for private jet charter in Europe.
PrivateFly combines online efficiency and transparency with offline expertise to offer a full-service VIP charter service to direct customers and partners. The bespoke software has been created in-house specifically to meet the needs of charter customers and operators.
In February 2010 PrivateFly launched the world’s first iPhone application to provide instant private jet pricing on a mobile phone.
PrivateFly was recently announced as one of the Smarta 100 companies 2010, by a judging panel including Dragon’s Den’s Deborah Meaden and other leading entrepreneurs, such as Bebo founder Michael Birch. The company also won the innovation category of the Best Business Awards in February 2010.
Founded in 2007, PrivateFly is based in St Albans, Hertfordshire and in 2010 secured first round investment funding to expand the business within the UK and selected international markets.
For further information, interviews or imagery, please contact:
T: 020 8543 6582/M: 07809 028711
6 St Peters St,
AL1 3LF, UK.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release PRIVATE JET PREDICTIONS FOR 2011 -Private jet booking platform PrivateFly.com looks forward to a year of exciting change in the industry- here
News-ID: 157650 • Views: 1969
More Releases from PrivateFly
PrivateFly.com Teams Up With Chris Evans For BBC Children In Need
Private jet booking service, PrivateFly.com, has teamed up with the BBC’s Chris Evans to provide a private jet for the Radio 2 host’s Children in Need Auction. The company has helped to arrange a jet for the 8 Go Mad in Monaco trip, for which listeners were able to bid live on air on Thursday 15 November. Winning bids for the package totaled over £1 million. Four pairs of tickets were
PRIVATEFLY.COM RAISES £2M FUNDING-
-Private aviation market shakes up as disruptive technology platform for private jet hire announces successful fundraising- PrivateFly.com, the leading online aggregator for private jet charter, today announces its plans for expansion, following successful investment fundraising of £2 million generated from eight private investors. The company, whose network accesses over 7000 aircraft based globally, says the funds will be used to deliver a roll-out to new international markets, significant usability
PRIVATEFLY.COM TO POWER ADDISON LEE’S NEW PRIVATE JET SERVICE
-Leading online private charter network announces a partnership with UK’s largest minicab company- PrivateFly.com has announced a new distribution strategy to expand its reach to London business travellers through a partnership with Addison Lee. For the first time ever, Addison Lee customers can now book private jet charter alongside premium minicabs, chauffeur vehicles, taxi-bikes and couriers. Business jet hire will be offered as part of a seamless ground-to-air transportation package via Addison
PRIVATEFLY.COM LAUNCHES PA PRIVILEGE PROGRAMME
-Private jet hire platform offers new support and reward programme for executive assistants- PrivateFly.com, Europe’s leading online booking platform for private jet charter, has announced the launch of its PA Privilege Programme, a dedicated support service for executive PAs. The programme has been launched in response to the specific needs of the executive PA sector, such as speed of service and 24-hour support. To celebrate the launch, the company is
More Releases for Private
TELERAD TECH Private Limited
TELERAD TECH Private Limited Telerad Tech has been founded by a group of technology innovators and eminent radiologists with the focus to develop products and solutions to address the gaps and needs of Healthcare IT in general, and radiology automation systems in particular. Having partnered with leading a tele-radiology institute and led by technologists with background in developing and deploying automated solutions, Telerad Tech has the best mix of domain understanding
We Have Private Schools, Why Not Private Universities?
Independent education consultant, Adam Caller, wholeheartedly supports the formation of the New College of Humanities in London. The article, reported by the BBC on 20 April 2012 (www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17772937) by Angela Harrison, reveals that the new private college opening in London will charge £18,000 a year. Critics argue that the college is elite, and will encourage the privatisation of higher education. Currently, the New College of Humanities is affiliated with the
Private by Sanita Runs ‘Private Song’ Contest in Lebanon
(Halat, Lebanon) 16 August 2011 - Private by Sanita is running in Lebanon the ‘Private Song’ contest, an online and offline song guessing and singing game through August 2011. Sanita, leading consumer disposables manufacturer in Lebanon and the Middle East, is a member of INDEVCO Group’s Consumer Products Division. Launched by Private, brand of feminine hygiene products, ‘Private Song’ contest is a 2-part game for all women in Lebanon, aged 13+.
Private jet service climbs
Portsmouth, NH - While private jet charter service is nowhere near the robust levels it enjoyed prior to the economic bloodletting of 2008, the use of private jets is definitely on the upswing. Private jet service in Europe and the U.S. increased 9% in January 2011. Overall, it was up 5.5% last year. Over all, increase in private jet service can be attributed to increased travel of private jets to
eTrending Enters Private Beta
Canadian-based, company officially begins accepting users to test drive medical graphing tools. BAIE D’URFE, QC, APRIL 21ST, 2011: eTrending, a software division of Quebec-based PHD Medical, has announced that their medical cloud-based graphing tool is now up and available for a private beta. Interested parties can fill out an access request form from the sign in page on the website (www.etrending.com). eTrending provides users with a graphically rich software tool that
Private Tuition Myths Dispelled
Simply Learning Tuition’s look back at 2009 dispels some common misconceptions about Private Tuition. According to the press, many parents this year were still wary of admitting that they use a private tutor. The thought of being seen to be ‘spoon feeding’ or pushing their children too hard is a constant worry. However, Nathaniel McCullagh, Director of London based Simply Learning Tuition, suggests this is rarely the reason for employing a