Clean Power Asia to share cleaner and renewable energy success stories and case studies
|Pressemitteilung von: Clean Power Asia|
(openPR) - The upcoming Clean Power Asia conference and exhibition, taking place in Bali, Indonesia from 14-16 May, is to provide some exciting updates on the region’s progress in adopting solar and other renewable and cleaner energy technology. |
Clean Power Asia will gather some 600 leading Asian renewable and cleaner fossil power experts, utilities, energy ministries, regulators, investors and technology and service providers to discuss the latest renewable and cleaner fossil power developments in the region as well as the main challenges that utilities face to adopt greener power sources.
Says Daria La Valle, the Clean Power Asia conference manager: “With manufacturing costs driving down, fossil fuel prices going up and an archipelago blessed with sun, Indonesia has a great potential for implementing solar power (as well as other renewables) and achieving its energy needs. Countries like Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines are leading the way and are either about to implement FiTs or already have. Clean Power Asia will bring 18 case studies of renewable energy project development to Bali with presenters from the region and beyond.”
Solar case study highlights from the programme:
• Vickner Sinaga, Operational Director for Eastern Indonesia, PT PLN (Persero), Indonesia
- The current status of electrification in Indonesia and the country’s plans to achieve 90% electrification by 2020.
• Wandee Khunchornyakong, Founder, Chairman & CEO, SPCG Public Company Limited, Thailand
- Developing solar farms in Thailand: SPCG’s experience and lessons learnt.
- Challenges faced during the floods in Thailand: how this was overcome.
More success stories of innovative approaches in renewable energy projects and new cleaner fossil power initiatives and achievements will be presented from the region and beyond, including the Philippines, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and Japan:
• Private sector participation in power generation: Coastalpower Development Corporation’s experience in the Philippines
- Manuel T. Castro, President & CEO, Coastalpower Development Corporation, The Philippines
• Scaling-Up financing for accelerating geothermal renewable energy development in Indonesia
- Migara Jayawardena, Senior Infrastructure Specialist, East Asia Infrastructure Unit, The World Bank, USA
• TNB’s successful strategies and approaches in power plant performance optimisation
- Y. Bhg. Dato’ Mohd Nazri Shahruddin, VP of Power Generation, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Malaysia
• Private participation on hydropower development
- Mochamad Sofyan, Division Head of New & Renewable Energy, PT PLN (Persero), Indonesia
• The Development of Limbang 2 Hydroelectric Power Project as Part of SEB Northern Agenda Hydropower Development
- Bernard Suling, Senior Manager, Hydropower Analysis, Sarawak Energy Berhad, Malaysia
• Nam Theun 2: a unique multi-purpose project implemented by the Government of Laos & Nam Theun Power Company
- Ruedi Luthi, Director, Environment and Social Division, Nam Theun 2 Power Company Ltd., Laos Patrick Dye, Government Affairs & Corporate Communications Director, Nam Theun 2 Power Company Ltd., Laos
• Palm biomass based power generation initiative: project planning and execution
- Ahmad Nor Azman Jamin, CEO, FTJ Bio Power Sdn Bhd and Head of Biomass, Felda Holdings Bhd, Malaysia
• Opportunities and challenges of bioenergy power developments in Indonesia: PT Gikoko Kogyo’s LFG and biogas recovery plants
- Joseph Hwang, Joint Managing Director, PT Gikoko Kogyo, Indonesia
• J-Power's advancements in Clean Coal Technology: the EAGLE project
- Yasunao Nakashizuka, General Manager, Research Planning Office, R&D Dept., J-POWER, Japan
Event dates and location:
14 - 16 May 2012
Bali International Convention Centre, Bali, Indonesia
Clean Power Asia is part of Clarion Events, the UK's largest independent events company with annual turnover of over £150m, drawing upon over 80 years of experience of hosting strategic conferences conferences and seated events across Britain, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia. Our events, business-to-business and business-to-consumer, serve 15 different market sectors from leisure and entertainment to finance, from retail to gaming and from fine art to energy.
Communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Tel. +27 21 700 3558
Fax. +27 21 700 3501
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844
Event website: www.cleanpower-asia.com
Postal address: PO Box 321, Steenberg, 7947, South Africa