New Kolmac Clinic Young Adult Treatment Track
|Pressemitteilung von: Kolmac Clinic|
|(openPR) - April 2012, Silver Spring, MD
The Kolmac Clinic announces new Young Adult Alcohol and Drug Treatment Track.
The Kolmac Clinic defines young adults as patients between the ages of 18 – 25 who are still living at home with their parents, or are financially dependent on them. Implementing this new young adult alcohol and drug treatment track modifies Kolmac Clinic’s traditional program to meet the needs of young adult patients who are not yet financially independent from their parents.
Specialized clinical teams have been established in the Kolmac Clinic’s Gaithersburg and Towson offices.
The Young Adult Treatment Track includes 36 outpatient sessions over 12 weeks and is conducted at the Gaithersburg clinic.
Young Adult Treatment Track Overview:
• Offer a weekly parents education and support group
• Provide psychiatric care patients for treatment of co-occurring mental health disorders
• Expect regular community support group attendance, AA, NA, and SMART Recovery.
• A weekly planning and education group has been added in the afternoon for those who are not working or attending school
• An individual family assessment with follow up recommendation by a family therapist is now included
• The hours are from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
The Towson clinic is running an exclusively young adult group during the afternoon.
• The session meets from 11 AM to 2 PM
Young adults can attend any office they like, but are encouraged to take advantage of the enhanced services for young adults established at the Gaithersburg and Towson clinics.
The Kolmac Clinic provides outpatient rehabilitation and treatment for adults with alcohol, and other drug abuse problems. Because Kolmac is an outpatient program, patients can receive treatment without taking leave from work or family responsibility. The Kolmac Clinic operates one clinic in Washington, D.C. and five clinics in Maryland.
Contact the Kolmac Clinic: 301-589-0255