SAMSUNG extends strategic cooperation with ROUTE 66 for SAMSUNG Wave 3, the chic smartphone
|Pressemitteilung von: ROUTE 66|
(openPR) - Zurich - Switzerland, 7 March 2012 - SAMSUNG, the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer, has recently extended its ongoing strategic cooperation with ROUTE 66. As a direct result of this extended agreement SAMSUNG will start to pre-install SAMSUNG Navigation, an advanced mapping and turn-by-turn GPS navigation solution jointly developed by SAMSUNG and ROUTE 66, in selected markets worldwide.|
'As we strive to deliver innovations for the global smartphone market, location-enabled content and applications are increasingly important to our customers,' said David Noh, Vice President & Head of Technology Alliance Group at Samsung Electronics. 'Our ongoing partnership with ROUTE 66 enables us to fulfil that goal.'
'ROUTE 66 remains highly committed to put the best possible mapping and navigation experience in the hands of SAMSUNG customers worldwide and SAMSUNG Navigation for the Wave 3 is a shining example of this dedication,' said Paul Warmer, Vice President Marketing at ROUTE 66.
Key features of SAMSUNG Navigation:
• Latest world maps: Are you traveling somewhere new and did you forget to transfer the right map to your device? Don't worry! SAMSUNG Navigation gives you instant access to the latest maps, no matter where you are or where you plan to go. At home or on the road, just download the map you need to your device or simply use the map in online mode.
• Drive and walk: We have always guided you accurately to your parking space, with detailed voice instructions and on-screen directions. Now we take you even further. Step out of your car to explore new cities on foot with SAMSUNG Navigation guiding you all the way.
• 3D buildings and 3D landmarks: Make your journeys easier and entertaining with 3D buildings and 3D landmarks which help you orient yourself when browsing the map, driving or walking.
• Improved ease-of-use: Enjoy sophisticated features the simple way. The new easy-to-use interface lets you get the most out of SAMSUNG Navigation from the first time you use it! And with the new "Show shortcuts" menu, you have instant access to the most used features.
• Extra content and services*: Give maps and navigation a personal touch by adding extra content and services. Download safety cameras, traffic information, and much more, to your device directly in SAMSUNG Navigation.
* Availability of these services depends on the country and local regulations.
For more information about SAMSUNG Navigation, please visit www.66.com/samsung.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2009 consolidated sales of US$116.8 billion. Employing approximately 188000 people in 185 offices across 65 countries, the company consists of eight independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognised as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs.
For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About ROUTE 66
ROUTE 66 is a pioneer of smart, easy-to-use navigation solutions for mobile devices under the ROUTE 66 brand, as well as developing solutions and software development kits for the world's largest mobile device manufacturers. The company also provides a wide range of additional geographic content and location-based services. Headquartered near Zürich (Switzerland), ROUTE 66 has offices in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia and sells its products and services worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.66.com.
Note for Editors
High-resolution content for editorial purposes is available in the online press release at www.66.com/press.
ROUTE 66, Emilia Iacob: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 315500353.