Reference-Book: Quality Assurance and Improvement in the Field of Hygiene in Dialysis Units
|Pressemitteilung von: Pabst Science Publishers|
|(openPR) - The "Guideline for Applied Hygiene in Dialysis Units" represents a reference book which links hygiene with quality management and gives answers to all relevant practical questions. The advantages for nephrologists and their staff are relevant: Streamlining and optimising the process, prevention of mistakes and their resulting costs as well as the improvement of treatment safety. The areas of responsibility become clearer. Documented processes ease the tractability as well as the assessment and education of new employees. Analyses of weak points ensure increased treatment safety.
The Authors - Working Group for Applied Hygiene in Dialysis Units (Germany) - set itself the general goal of quality assurance and improvement in the field of hygiene in dialysis. At the same time partial goals are to be considered:
- Deepening the knowledge of the users, the companies involved et c.
- Reexamining the relevance of existing guidelines to the present circumstances and translating them into practice
- Compiling the basics and all relevant practical details for the education of users
- Putting together recommendations and requirements for the manufacturers of technical installations and dialysis machines as well as consumables
- Developing standards for collecting, examining and evaluating microbiological samples
- Informing the associations and decision-making organs on the expert opinion and adding these to the guidelines
- Adjusting/revising the existing guidelines
Working Group for Applied Hygiene in Dialysis Units:
Guideline for Applied Hygiene in Dialysis Units.
Pabst, Lengerich/Berlin, 192 pages, ISBN 978-3-89967-577-1
Pabst Science Publishers (Lengerich/Westfalia, Germany) is publishing ten psychological and nine medical journals; furthermore, Pabst is publishing more than hundred psychological and medical books per year – partly specialized scientific literature, partly specialist literature written for laypeople.
Pabst Science Publishers