IIT-Madras to host 24th International Conference on VLSI Design & 10th on Embedded Systems from January 2- 7, 2011
|Pressemitteilung von: PRHUB Integrated Marketing Communication Pvt Ltd|
|(openPR) - Chennai, December 27, 2010: After 13 years, Chennai would yet again play host to India’s longest running and most prestigious event for the VLSI/semiconductor industry, the 24th International Conference on VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integration) and the 10th International conference on Embedded Systems. To be held in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras campus from 2nd to 7th January 2011, the theme of this year’s conference is “Embedded products for the emerging markets - Infrastructure, Energy, and Automotive”. There is a need to have discussions on the trends and the road ahead as VLSI Design and embedded systems are the core technologies behind all electronics used widely today in these and more domains. These three verticals are also the ones with the highest growth rates projected for India over the years ahead.
The conference provides among the best platform in India for academicians, researchers, and practitioners across world to meet and discuss the latest technological advances that drive the semiconductor, computing, electronics, and electronic design automation industries. The exhibition which runs from 4th to 6th January and will see over 30 companies and a few universities participating provides an opportunity for the industry to showcase new products and solutions. To encourage student and faculty participation from India, fellowships are offered by the conference to students and faculty, which covers free registration and accommodation at IIT Madras campus.
The conference would have two special tracks on industry and education. The Industry forum on 4th and 5th January would feature presentations from industry leaders on the theme of “Embedded products for the emerging market” and the Education forum on 6th January would feature a panel discussion on VLSI education and presentations from eminent academicians. A Design contest also is being conducted for students and industry professionals as a part of this conference.
Announcing the return of this event and its significance, Prof. Kamakoti, General Co-Chair of the conference, and Professor at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT-M, said, “The Indian semiconductor market grew even while the global market shrunk thus pointing to the immense potential of this industry. For the industry to flourish and R&D to take-off one need close collaboration between industry and the academia besides a global perspective which is where this conference comes in providing a platform enabling the same. We expect over 600 professionals to participate in the tutorials and the conference in this edition.”
In his comments, Prof. Venketeswaran, General Co-chair of the conference, and Director of Waran research Foundation, Chennai said, “The electronics industry has the potential to take India to the next level. Going forward, domestic electronics manufacturing companies have the capability to contribute significantly to our GDP. The VLSI conference as a forum would contribute in adding value to the market by bringing in experts across world to share knowledge and experience for future growth. Chennai as a center would also get showcased by this event being held here.”
Additional highlights of the 3 day conference agenda:
• Six full-day and four half-day tutorials feature leading academic and industry experts sharing their knowledge on various topics from semiconductor process technology to system-level design.
• Twenty-two regular paper sessions will contain presentations on the latest research on a range of topics including Analog, Mixed-signal, and RF design, Nanoelectronics, Design tools and methodology from physical design to system-level design, Manufacturing test and design for manufacturability, Variation-aware design, Low-power design, and Embedded systems.
• Embedded tutorials and hot-topic presentations on emerging areas such as Heterogeneous parallel computing, System-level backplanes, Energy-efficient design, Test Scheduling, and Cyber-physical Systems Design and Verification.
Keynotes and a banquet talk by luminaries from academia and industry round off the technical program.
• Thomas H. Lee (Professor, Stanford University): Closing the TeraHertz Gap
• Praveen Vishakantaiah (President, Intel India): Leading Minds to Billions: The Embedded Way
• Rahul Sarpeshkar (Associate Professor, MIT): Bioelectronics
• Kaushik Roy (Professor, Purdue University): Post-Silicon technologies: Prospects and Perspectives
• Anant Agarwal (CTO, Tilera and Professor, MIT): The Future of Multicore
• Peter Kinget (Associate Professor, Columbia University): Designing Analog and RF Circuits in Nanoscale CMOS Technologies: Scale the Supply, Reduce the Area and Use Digital Gates.
• Rajeev Madhavan (CEO, Magma Design Automation): Real Men do Real Silicon
• Leon Stok (VP, IBM): High-end Processor design in Advanced CMOS Technologies
For more details about this conference visit vlsiconference.com
About VLSI Society of India/VLSI Conference: The mission of the society is to make India a significant force in VLSI field and to promote applications and research related to all aspects of VLSI in India. VSI holds workshops and short-courses through the year, in all parts of the country to bring together the industry, academia and mainly the students, on hot and emerging topics of VLSI and the related. VSI welcomes volunteers to get involved in such activities. VSI publishes the half-yearly technical journal VSI VISION. It also compiles softcopies of the proceedings of all workshops, short-courses and VDAT Symposium, which has hardcopy publication additionally. International Conference on VLSI Design and International Conference on Embedded Systems is the annual international event, that VSI is associated with and sponsors that attracts a wide spectrum of VLSI related professionals and academia.
About IIT Madras: Founded five decades before IIT Madras is one among currently fifteen Indian Institutes of Technology established by the Government of India through an Act of Parliament, to provide education and research facilities in engineering and technology.
For editorial enquiries contact: Nabanita/Geetha of PRHUB @firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
prhub integrated marketing communication pvt limites
no.609,lakshmi bhavan, 3rd floor anna salai