Themis Computer Announces New Front I/O Systems for its Family of XR3 Rugged Enterprise Servers
|Pressemitteilung von: Themis Computer|
|(openPR) - FREMONT, California – July 20, 2010 - Themis Computer® has announced two new high performance servers for mission-critical applications in harsh environments – the RES-22XR3/FIO™ and RES-32XR3/FIO™. Themis’ new Rugged Enterprise Servers (RES) are offered as 2RU and 3RU systems in a 17-inch (431.8mm) depth chassis with all I/O accessible from the front of the machines. Power supplies, disk drives, Gigabit Ethernet controllers and a graphics port are also front panel accessible. Front panel only access and a shallow depth design, make these servers ideal solutions for use in space constrained environments. Themis’ new servers support the Linux® and Windows® Operating Systems to run a wide variety of user applications.
“Customers asked for front-access I/O systems, and we responded with innovative new systems featuring front panel only access and a shallow 17” depth, for space constrained environments,” stated William Kehret, president of Themis Computer. “The latest Intel four- and six-core Xeon processors, combined with extensive memory and storage, give these new RES systems exceptional performance and industry leading SWaP (Size, Weight and Power)”, Mr. Kehret added.
Themis’ new systems are offered with four-core (5500 series) or six-core (5600 series) Intel Xeon processors, with up to 144GB memory, extensive disk storage – up to eight lockable and removable drives, hot swappable fans and hard disk drives, and single or redundant power supply options for increased reliability in challenging environments. Featuring a compact, light aluminum chassis and Themis’ advanced thermal and mechanical design techniques, these new servers will provide users industry leading RAS (Reliability, Availability and Service). Easily expandable through the addition of commercially available, off the shelf networking cards, graphics, I/O, peripherals and other value-added options, the RES-22XR3/FIO and RES-32XR3/FIO servers are ready for current and future system requirements.
RES-22XR3/FIO and RES-32XR3/FIO Features
Server Processors and Memory
• One or two 5500 or 5600 series Intel Xeon processors.
• Up to 144GB DDR3 ECC memory.
Front panel access and I/O*
• Two (2) lockable and removable 2.5” SATA or SAS drives (RES-22XR3/FIO) or up to three (3) lockable and removable 2.5” SATA or SAS drives (RES-32XR3/FIO).
• One (1) CD-RW/DVD-RW drive.
• Status LEDs, power switch.
• Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet ports (RJ45).
• One (1) or two (2) RS-232 Serial port (DB9).
• PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse ports.
• Up to six (6) USB 2.0 ports.
• Power connector and switch.
• One (1) VGA Port in some configurations.
• Designed for high reliability in harsh operating environments.
• Rack-optimized – shallow 17-inch depth design for unique user requirements.
• Extensive use of specially coated aluminum for light weight and corrosion resistance.
• Stainless steel in selected areas to add strength and stiffness.
• Modular design for easy upgrade and service.
• Operating Shock: 3 axis, 35G, 20ms.
• Operating Vibration: 3.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000 Hz.
• Operating Temperature: 0°C – Up to 55°C.
• Humidity: up to 90% non-condensing.
• Hot swappable fans.
• Hot swappable power supplies.
• Power supply options:
- Single or redundant 110/220 VAC, 650 Watt (50/60Hz, 400Hz).
- Single or redundant 18-36 VDC, 400 Watt, 32 Amp.
- Single or redundant 36-72 VDC, 650 Watt, 18 Amp.
• Hot swappable disk drives.
• Zero-channel RAID support.
* Front panel I/O and Environmental Specifications will vary with configuration
RES-XR3 Specifications and Features
All of Themis’ XR3 series servers are now offered with 5500 series or 5600 series Intel Xeon processors. Designed for optimal performance, data, and storage, Themis’ new servers may be used as rackmountable servers in offices, labs, or harsh environments, as network infrastructure servers, front-end enterprise, and minimal downtime server systems. For a complete list of product specifications and features, visit us at www.themis.com/prod/rugged-xr3 to download Themis’ RES-22XR3/FIO and RES-32XR3/FIO datasheets.
Pricing and Availability
The RES-22XR3/FIO and RES-32XR3/FIO servers are now available, please contact factory for more information, including configuration and pricing.
Themis’ Environmentally Robust Servers and Single-Board Computers
Themis Computer is a leading provider of embedded computers for mission critical applications. Themis offers a broad range of compact, multi-vendor servers, including AMD®, Intel® and Sun® Microsystems-based platforms. Themis servers feature rugged construction, high performance, superior scalability and ease of maintenance.
Themis' high performance servers, single-board computers and graphics controllers are now being integrated worldwide into advanced communications and defense systems. The Themis Computer family of COTS VME-based board and system products provide the increased processing power and
reliability necessary for demanding application environments, while achieving a net reduction in total cost of ownership.
Themis, the Themis logo, Rugged Enterprise Server, RES-22XR3/FIO and RES-32XR3/FIO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Themis Computer. Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Themis Computer
Themis Computer is a leading developer and supplier of high performance board and system level products for mission-critical telecommunications, military/aerospace, and industrial embedded applications. Themis provides open standards-based embedded computing platforms that support the Solaris™, Linux®, and Windows® operating systems. Themis' products incorporate features designed to ensure high reliability and availability while reducing the risks of failure caused by extreme environments. An ISO 9001 certified company, Themis Computer practices Total Quality Management (TQM) in all areas of its business, from engineering and manufacturing to customer service. Themis Computer is headquartered in Fremont, California and offers worldwide service and support. For more information please visit www.themis.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
47200 Bayside Parkway
Fremont, CA 94539